trailer help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trailer help!!

anyone know how i can keep from beating the nose up on my boat? i have a 97 2150 but i have a 2200I trailer and everytime i come up on the roller i take a chunk out of the gel coat and its really gettin annoying the boat sits on the trailer fine and rides fine but i guess the bow has a differnt shape as it doesnt fit the roller right when you come up on the trailer. ive tried putting the trailer further in the water and its not helping either and where i was launching my boat the do it with a tractor and want you to run all the way up on the trailer and are to lazy to hand crank it up thinkin i may have to start putting it in and taking it out myself. could running it all the way on the trailer be whats causing it?

pull the trailer out of the water a bit and make the boat stop itself ON THE BUNKS. the deeper the trailer the more you will mess up. It is a drive on trailer just pull the trailer up a bit and get the boat on the bunks then the driver of trailer can back down the trailer a bit and slowly crank boat. There is No hard cranking but the bunks will slow the boat not the abrasive metal on the front where damage is done.

Comment

ok thank you!! i will try that and see how that goes!!! if the rollers are old and hard can that hurt my gel coat also it seems my bottom roller is wearing the gel off the point on the v on the bottom and im not sure how old the rollers are so curious if this is what is causing it or more of having to run the boat on the trailer under power

Comment

Trailering at steering speed on these boats is bad because the trailer has no give to it and you basically have to be perfect every time. We cant steer if not under throttle, cant slow down well. These are tricky boats to trailer and its just a comfort thing. I dont know what you mean by rollers, can you post up a pic and we might can see that way?

Comment

perfect advice hmhatchett. that is just how we do it and it works very well. we just have the front bunks showing a touch out of water... let the back sets catch us.. then slide\back the trailer under the boat a bit more and we are done.
          2011 Tigé RZ4
          www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

agree that this is great advice. there was definitely a learning curve to trailering an inboard. Thanks for the write up

Comment

may need to look into a new bow stop roller as well.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I got a boat buddy trailer guide that I really like. If / when I miss the hits the plastics and doesn't do any damage. I set the trailer depth just enough that I use some power to the trailer buddy. The almost always tracks center on the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll post pictures tomorrow I won't be home by daylight tonight and the steering has been an issue driving an inboard is not like driving a bike I completely forgot how in the 5 years I haven't had one lol

Comment

Depending on steepness of the ramp you use, things will vary... But my technique is to leave just the front top of the fenders out of the water. That lcatches my boat with about 3 feet until my bow is on the stop. I then just barely kick the boat in gear then walk up and crank the strap tight to sit me on the bump stop.. Basically I let the boat help me pull it the rest of the way up. Then shut her down and the wife pulls us out... Works perfect every time

Comment

i like that plan bryan thank you! ill give it a try this weekend if i can get out with all the rain we are forcasted to have

Comment

My 2150 will get the nose up on the front roller but tends to drop off by the time I hook it, so I've gotten use to stopping about 6in or so short of the nose roller and just winching the rest of the way. Works good for me and I'm very quick at it once you get use to it. Like Bryan I leave the front fender out of the water a touch or leave the top of the side guides out of the water about 6" depending on which ramp Im on.

Comment

Working...
                        X