No announcement yet.

New trailer tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can see the shoulder of the tire is worn much more than the middle. Like others have suspected, this likely could have been caused by underinflation.

Comment

Originally posted by mnpracing View Post
      Seriously, or are you just kidding? I would have been completely turned off by the horribly written brochure and assumed the product was just as bad. Do they work?
      They work perfectly. I ordered them from Amazon. They are a Korean company and they make replacement OEM TPMS and also make this retrofit kit. They are starting to branch out internationally and I would not hesitate to order these.
      2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
      2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by supremedevice View Post

You can see the shoulder of the tire is worn much more than the middle. Like others have suspected, this likely could have been caused by underinflation.
        Is that the inside shoulder? Are both shoulders worn? If it's the inside shoulder, and the outside shoulder isn't worn, it's more likely that it's due to negative camber resulting from torsion axle wear/damage/overloading.
        2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

This is what it the display looks like. It just plugs into a 12v outlet in the truck and reads the sensors in the tires. I have my tires aired down for winter storage but this TPMS reads 65psi when my analog tire gauge reads 65psi. I've found it very accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post

This is what it the display looks like. It just plugs into a 12v outlet in the truck and reads the sensors in the tires. I have my tires aired down for winter storage but this TPMS reads 65psi when my analog tire gauge reads 65psi. I've found it very accurate.
            I don't know much about tpms's even though all my cars have them...is there a battery in the sensor, how long are they expected to last?
            2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

Yes, they have a battery, but I've wondered about using piezoelectrics to harvest energy from road bumps and such to make them essentially perpetual.

Comment

Yes. Battery in sensor in tires. They should last 7-10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by mnpracing View Post
                  Is that the inside shoulder? Are both shoulders worn? If it's the inside shoulder, and the outside shoulder isn't worn, it's more likely that it's due to negative camber resulting from torsion axle wear/damage/overloading.
                  The pic shows the outside shoulder. The inside shoulder looks pretty similar.

Comment

I had my local tire shop put these in when I had the new tires mounted:

http://www.orange-electronic.com/en/...ofit_p409.html
                    Interesting. How much were they?

Comment

That's cool Ewok! More toys to buy.... lol.. And I like the Goodyear Marathon tires... My last set lasted about 8 years but with minimal towing...

Comment

I also have the Orange TPMS and it is definitely a great system. I appreciate it as much for the tire temperature as an indicator of a dragging brake or warm bearing. I think I paid about $130.

Comment

Great find as I didn't know there was such a nice aftermarket device. Would definitely add peace of mind on long hauls especially when hauling the RV. I blew a tire a few months back on the RV and as most know you won't notice until you see the smoke or tire pieces flying.

Comment

I did a search to try and find these on Amazon and can only find a GPS nav version 412A available with not very good reviews.
                            The 409S version is "currently unavailable". Just FYI

Comment

Goodyear marathons are the only tire I will ever put on a trailer again... 7 blow outs in 3 years with other tires. Put on Goodyear marathons and no more blow outs... Just odd wear.... Turns out it was a bent axle. New axle on tandem axel extreme and no more bad wear or blow outs...
                              2001 Tige 21V Fresh Air Exhaust, ballast, loud stereo, blue v drive, ACME 1235 prop Kneeboarding, Surfing, and having fun!

Comment

Pro-Fab, do you know what axle you used to replace the bent one? I seem to have the same problem on a 2000 21V tandem trailer. Wanting to replace my ASAP. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X