Weight of RZR or r20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight of RZR or r20

We are looking at new tow SUVs, and wondering how much the tige r20 actually weighs all loaded up with fuel and gear on a double axle boat mate trailer. I'm guessing about 5000lbs

If anybody has weighed theirs that would be helpful, thanks

Hi,

I haven't weighed mine yet but 5000 sounds about right.

Note that there's a lot of weight on the ball. On my Durango I may need to get stiffer rear leafs or similar.

Severin B.

Comment

RZR weighs 3100 lbs with nothing in it and R20 weighs 3070lbs with nothing in it. Add you luggage weight and your good to go.

Comment

The weights stated by Slingshot are the Tige published weights. These weights are for a base boat...no options. When we were shopping in 2013, the towers were actually an option, this weight would need to be added along with any stereo gear, ballast equipment...any options above a base boat. You will also need to add the gear as mentioned along with the weight of the fuel that will be on board when towing (calculate a full fuel load as that would be the most). You would also have to add the weight of the trailer. I would bet if you contact BoatMate, they can provide an approximate weight of the trailer for you as they need to know this for their transport trucks.

-Good Luck
        "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

FWIW, my Z3 weighed in at 6,780# with trailer, gear, fuel....published is 4,600# without trailer. So 2,100# above published naked boat weight. So the 5,000# estimate above seems about right for the RZR/R20.
          2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

My RZR is 5300/5400 fully loaded and gassed. I have 4 cans on the tower, subs lots of gear etc. double axle trailer

Comment

Ok, thanks for the help!

Comment

PaceWithGrace- I just put some SuperSprings on my old Bronco... they are awesome.... check it out! It will help rear sag and sway....

http://supersprings.com/index.asp

Comment

Your boats dry weight is 3075#. Your trailer weighs 1400#. You have 48 gallons of fuel at 6# per gallon = 288#. Then typically you can figure 500# of gear. Grand total should be around 5263 lbs. tow weight.

Comment

I just weighed my new r20 with single axle trailer, full of fuel and thats it....5460!!!!!!!!

Something has to be off here...No speakers, amps, etc yet.

I put trailer on scale with it still hooked up, but truck off the scale.

Why is this so far off??

Comment

Ballast tanks still full?

Comment

To be accurate you really need to detach the trailer. Though this wil increase the weight.....

Comment

I will check the front bags...but the rear was empty. The boat is new, and has never been in the water other than the factory testing.

I need an accurate weight as we are about to buy 2 new vehicles and my wife wanted a mid sized SUV...but the Traverse only tows 5200.

Comment

Originally posted by 2thdoc01 View Post
                            I just weighed my new r20 with single axle trailer, full of fuel and thats it....5460!!!!!!!!

Something has to be off here...No speakers, amps, etc yet.

I put trailer on scale with it still hooked up, but truck off the scale.

Why is this so far off??
                            Something was deffinitely off. My 11 RZR comes in over 5k but that's with 4 cans, sub, amps, gear and cooler etc. The RZR is 300 lbs heavier for 2011 also.

Comment

Originally posted by RZRCO23 View Post
                              Something was deffinitely off. My 11 RZR comes in over 5k but that's with 4 cans, sub, amps, gear and cooler etc. The RZR is 300 lbs heavier for 2011 also.
                              I spoke to lee at Tige...he said the dry weight is the shell and the motor...nothing else. He thought the trailer was 1500 lbs and that the weight of 5400 sounded right loaded with fuel.....hmmmmm

Comment

Working...
                              X