No announcement yet.

ASR vs Z3 Tongue weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I towed an ASR from Ft. Collins to Westminster with my 2011 Avalanche. That is about 65 miles 95% of which was on the highway. It got the job done but if I was to buy an ASR I would buy a 3/4 ton 100% of the time every time. I have the upgraded tow package and the auto leveling rear suspension. That ASR towed my truck the whole way home. I have never had a boat wag me like that. It was easy enough to get under control. I have towed 10s of thousands of miles though. A NEWB who hadn't towed much in their life would be in big trouble with a 1/2 ton and that boat IMO. Not implying the OP is a NEWB just that it is A LOT of boat for a 1/2 ton to handle. I don't care what your tow rating is on your truck. Just my personal real world experience towing an ASR with a 1/2 ton.

Comment

Post the pic, Bruizza! It looked so sweet behind your Av!

Comment

I assume it wasn't the triple axle trailer?

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
          Post the pic, Bruizza! It looked so sweet behind your Av!
          Let me see if I can get them posted on here from my phone.

You are correct it was a tandem axle trailer.

Comment

ASR.jpg

Comment

Oh yeah, that's sweet!

Comment

Perfect timing thread. Here's my setup:

2011 Ecoboost F150 2wd Lariat Tow Package - it was sagging way to much in the back especially cause I have my 2wd's rear lowered 2"s to get a level stance - so with the Z3 on it, it sagged badly. Not a big deal cause my house is 2 miles from the boat ramp - but any other type of driving it was unnerving. So I then put on 10,000 Load Rear Air Bags - DAMN what a HUGE Difference. Not only do I get to keep my nice stance and setup, I also get to raise the rear of the truck and get the trailer level and nicely leveled up. I have a gauge and switch in the truck in my console and compressor in the rear cab - easy to manage even on the fly. Love it. Lost a tad of comfort as even with 5-10 lbs of air in the bags it's alittle rougher with no load - but I'm used to it now, and LOVE this set up. Check it. (the second pic is my Dad on the rear tailgate and it's still level. Total cost for the airbags and installed was $950.

Last edited by begone; 08-08-2014, 03:41 AM.
                2014 Tige Z3

Comment

See, I would have put those bags on all 4 corners and slammed it even further for everyday driving and then lift it when it's time to tow. Nice looking setup!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizza View Post
                    [ATTACH]38094[/ATTACH]
                    The ASR looks like it is going to swallow your truck Bruizza....

Comment

I towed the ASR as well, I have an F-350. I would not recommend pulling it with anything less than a 3/4 ton truck. My hitch was a little low but it did drop my truck a couple of inchs
                      ASR Truck.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X