Help ! - pulling boat from storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help ! - pulling boat from storage

I'm a fairly new boat owner (February 2014).

I'm having trouble getting my boat/trailer pulled out of storage spot. It's getting sideways on me to the point that I have to unhook it from my truck multiple times to get it out. It's a pain !!

Any advice ???

Get a bigger storage spot?
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I, unfortunately, have limited options here where I'm located.

Comment

Is it a short distance and is it flat?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
        Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Storage unit is 12 feet wide and 35 feet deep.

Boat is a 22v on a tandem trailer.

Problem is that the boat/trailer starts to shift sideways as I attempt to pull it out straight and it gets very very close to the sides of the storage unit causing me grief as I have to unhook from my truck several times to bet it out.

Comment

To get it out, try rolling the tires by hand. Don't push the boat roll the trailer tires. It's amazingly easier. Have chocks or wood to stop the momentum. Then when you are clear hook up truck. Try that.

Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Another question, you said you are a new boat owner, is this the first trailer you have pulled?

Comment

It is the first boat trailer I've had to mess with very much.

I can back the trailer in no problem.... It's just been trouble getting it out of the unit.

Comment

How wide is the door?
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

10-12 feet. I have 12 inches or thereabouts on each side, at least.

Comment

try angling out the door away from the side the trailer gets close, then turn back and straighten up once the trailer is back toward the center of the door way.
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                      X