Trailer tie downs w/convex vx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer tie downs w/convex vx

I don't like the way tige told me to use the tie downs. They instructed me to just wrap the tie down around the convex, but it seems like it would put a lot of stress on it. Not enough space behind it to thread it through either. Towed it all the way from the tige factory to South Dakota like that and it didn't seem to do any damage, but still a little uneasy with it.

I had the same question a few weeks ago. After some guidance from a few members here, this is what I ended up buying, except in black. I ran them through the transom loop then hooked my Boat Buckle strap into both end loops. Seems to work very well. These straps had the highest strength rating I could find. You could use 2 if you wanted a higher break strength.

http://www.amazon.com/Touch-Straps-E...3011314&sr=1-7

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403024395.218465.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok I'll give it a try. Thanks. Sick Z1!

Comment

The Z series boats have the transom tie downs above the swim platform. The RZ boats are in between the platform and the VX so the hooks have to fit between the platform and the hull rather than just pulling the straps up. I will try to get some pictures up of mine.

Comment

20140617_085609.jpg20140617_085651.jpg

Comment

Mine are above the swim platform on my RZR.

Comment

I can't get the regular straps through the gap between the swim step and the convex vx. There is almost no gap.

Comment

I went out for my 1st water test with my dealer (2014 RZ2) and we had to cut the straps off or else we weren't getting the boat of the trailer. The VX was obviously installed after the straps and there was no way you were getting the hooks undone. Thankfully we found a knife so we could cut the straps and get the boat on the water and finish our test so I could sign off on the boat. Unfortunately it seems as though Tige doesn't have a solution for this design blunder and I had to drive the 5 hours with out the back of the boat tied down.

Comment

Check out this thread - it has some good information. mnpracing came up with a creative fix that keeps things off to the side. Thanks to him, I picked up the parts but have not set aside time to install the transom tie downs on the trailer.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...nsom-tie-downs

I hope you find this helpful
                    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

I just slide the hook around my Vx hook it up and put the strap behind the vx and platform it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X