Help with a Z3 Trailer measurement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with a Z3 Trailer measurement

I purchased my Z3 without a trailer as it spends 99.44% of it's life on a lift. I am installing these:
    https://www.boatliftanddock.com/p-52...-bunk-kit.aspx
    and would appreciate a little help deciding how far apart to place the bunks. So my question is: What is the distance between the farthest points of the middle set of bunks on a Z3 trailer? I figure somebody here has their Z3 in the water and can do a quick measurement for me.
    Many thanks,
    John
    Last edited by LKG PH Creek; 09-29-2013, 01:41 PM.

Do a quick search about boat lifts. Exact thing was asked a few months ago and I posted my measurements. I keep my RZR on a lift and I believe the measurement is close. On the side to side you have a little play and can adjust to where you want them to fit on the hull. The main concern is height. You have to have them high enough to clear the tracking fins. If I recall correctly I want to say about 18 inches from the top of the bunk to the top of the cross member is the MINIMUM. Any less and you are going to buy tracking fins. This required 24 inch legs for my bunks. Also due to the weight of these boats(especially a Z3) I would recommend against the carpet covered wood bunks. When we tested one this way with our RZR(1500 lbs lighter) they curved so much I KNOW they would have snapped over time. I would recommend the aluminum bunks that are vinyl covered.

You can play with the width to get it how you like it. You only get one shot at the height!! You also need side guides or side boards to keep it centered. I also recommend hand floating it in and out of the lift, for sure till you know your adjustment is right.

Comment

Thanks Boardman.

Comment

Working...
      X