Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'08 RZ4 Extreme Trailer - Need (want) new rims, tires & maybe fenders???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'08 RZ4 Extreme Trailer - Need (want) new rims, tires & maybe fenders???

I have an '08 RZ4 riding on an Extreme trailer, dual torsion axles with discs all around. I had my buddy pick it up from the upholstery shop yesterday (new cover being made) and I think the emergency brake cable on the trailer got pulled somehow and ended pulling into my driveway with smoke pouring off all four wheels!!! So no Sac River today!

I have been wanting new tires anyway and while I am having all the bearings/brakes gone through I want to get new tires and rims.

I currently have 15x7.0 chrome steel rims running ST205/75R15s

I need to have one of my fenders replaced as it was bent in from what looks to be a blowout, but not sure as I bought the boat that way. I was going to wait until the offseason but we are close enough now to the off season as we probably have 6 weeks left here in Nor Cal anyway.

My questions, since I want some new "Mag" style rims, new tires and I need one fender anyway:
    • I was told that I should be looking at 0 offset rims, Is that correct?
    • If I change out both fenders, can I get wider fenders and wider tires? I still want trailer tires as this boat is HEAVY!
    • I don't mind the 15s, but may go a little larger diameter - 16s? 17s? What are my options?
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head... Eric

Nobody has any ideas/suggestions? Come on, I cant be the first person here with an older Extreme trailer!

What is everybody too busy working and getting ready for Lake Mead???

Comment

Originally Posted by Ks<br />
      Is that a DHM trailer?<br />
      <br />
      Looks awesome! What size are they?
      <br />
      <br />
      Yes it is a DHM trailer - I struggled trying to find a rim/tire combo to fit underneath the trailer, but finally found a set of Yokohama S Drive 245/45/17 XL's that were north of 1700 lbs to hold the weight. The orginal tires (e.g. Carlisle's - 235/60/14) were rated at 1800 lbs - so I lost about 400 lbs of weight rating across all four tires, but not that big of deal. The rims are a 8.5 width (Fuel Rims - Can't Remember the model) 4 on 5.5 bolt pattern with I believe around 18mm offset which pulls the wheels in to account for the extra width of the tires. Essentially the 18mm offset almost perfectly the increased width.<br />
      <br />
      I did have to play with the carpet that lines the inside fender well - just had to push the bracket a bit and put a couple of washers on the center bolt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Eric

See my above post - different trailer, but same problem. If I had to do it all over again I would of put 11 inch fenders and 18 inch rims. I have the rims on my new trailer and have no issues. More than 5K miles towing.

Comment

I called Extreme and emailed them the VIN and specs on my current trailer.

I am thinking of going to 11" wide fenders since I need to replace one anyway and they are steel, don't cost that much and it doesn't cost that much more to have two fenders painted vs. one.

After looking at different tire specs the last couple of hours - my head is spinning!!

Comment

Best thing to do is find the wheels you want and given you are putting new fenders on they can put the fenders around your wheels versus finding wheels to fit your fenders. Stick with 18 inch 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern and less than 25mm of offset and you should be fine.

Comment

So, it's now winter and time to put in the ported sub enclosure, some more RGBs and finally get the new tire/rim/fenders combo so I don't get a blow out and ruin everything that I am towing.

I am thinking of getting the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season in 255/60R18 and I haven't picked out the rims yet. The tires have the following specs;
              • Load Index 112 = 2484 lbs (0.9x2484=2235 lbs) per tire
              • Speed Rating “H” = 130 mph, 112H (usually don't tow that fast!)
              • Tread width = 9", Section Width = 10.2"

Any problem with these on an 8" to 9" wide rim?

These tires are about 3" taller than the ST205/75-R15s that I am currently running and I can use the extra 1 1/2" clearance.

Comment

If your interested I have a set of wheels I'm selling there 18s but the bolt pattern I think is the same
                surf till u die.

Comment

Originally posted by EricU View Post
                  Nobody has any ideas/suggestions? Come on, I cant be the first person here with an older Extreme trailer!

What is everybody too busy working and getting ready for Lake Mead???
                  I sold it. Actually Forte Inboard sold if for me.

I put my boat in salt, so I needed an aluminum trailer.

Comment

Working...
                  X