Where to buy spare tire rim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy spare tire rim?

My 2009 tige 20v with boatmate trailer did not come with a spare tire. I have a trailer tire with some rot so I'm going to replace all four tires. I also need to get a spare. I don't need a spare that matches the trailer's rims. Where I can i get just a 5 lug rim. The tire size is st205/75R14 and the rim is 14X6J. Thanks!

I like to get my stuff here... over 75 is free shipping too!

http://www.trailerandtruckparts.com/...eels_c_41.html
    2011 Tigé RZ4
    www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Thanks for the link. For a spare, just a plain old steel wheel would work right?

Comment

yes... will work just fine. I would just get a cover for your spare to keep any sun rot from going on(unless kept out of the elements).... but yep a plain old steel one will work if that is what you want.
        2011 Tigé RZ4
        www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Or call boat mate, Thats where I got one from for my old trailer. They also have an online store.

Comment

http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Tire...7C75%7E14.aspx
            Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

x2 on etrailer.com

Comment

looks like i might just be easier and cheaper to just buy the wheel and tire together. Would this make the most since, given that this is only a spare tire? Or should the spare tire match the other 4 mail tires I'm going to buy

Comment

Not sure where you're located or how far you tow? If it's only short distances not too far form home then anything that fits will work. If you tow long distances, through the desert, I would buy a matching size rim and buy 5 new tires and put one on the new spare wheel.
                  http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Tire...Inch_Wide.aspx

Comment

I'm in south carolina. longest we pull the boat is 100 miles to relatives lake and 100 miles back. We do that 3-4 times a year. the home lake is only about 10 miles down the road

Comment

Then I would reccomend buying the cheapest tire wheel combo that will mount on your trailer to use as a spare. That will get you home where you can repair or replace the problem tire. That's my opinion anyway.

Comment

Thanks for all the advise and help everybody!

Comment

If you have a Discount Tire nearby, check them out. I could not believe they had rims and tires in stock for my Boatmate trailer, plus they I am always impressed with the customer service I get there!

Comment

Working...
                          X