Winch Support Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winch Support Repair

While loading my boat at the end of last year the winch support bracket bent. This seems to be a weak point in trailers as others have had this problem. Below is a pic of the issue. This is on a Boatmate trailer.
    Attached Files
    Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

I need to give credit for those who came up with the idea and did the first repair on their trailer. Skippabecool's support looked just like mine. He took it to Wickedcummings who did the repair in which I copied. Thanks guys. There is a thread on the site somewhere that shows their work. Here is a pic of Wicked's work after priming.Winch support.jpg

Comment

111_0005 (600x450).jpgI cut my old piece off and prepped it for the new fabricated parts.111_0004 (600x450).jpg

Comment

The new piece is welded in place and ready for paint. Notice the extra support piece further up.111_0007 (600x450).jpg

Comment

The new part painted and ready to reinstall the winch.111_0008 (600x450).jpg111_0009 (600x450).jpg

Comment

And the completed repair. 3" square tubing was used and a 1 1/4" round pipe was used as an extra support. This is way more stout than the factory piece. Should have been done this way to start with. It bent from just loading111_0012 (600x450).jpg and the weight of the boat pushing down and not from crashing into it.

Comment

Nice work! Are you planning to add some support to the bunk brackets too?
              2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
              2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Working...
              X