Pushrod release braket spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pushrod release braket spring

I just replaced my UFP A-60 surge brake actuator, no problem. But then when I was stroke bleeding the system this little pushrod release spring came out of the bottom of the actuator and the pushrod release tab now has a lot of play in it. Where the hell does this little frigen spring go and how does it attach.
    I already took the acuator back out but I can't figure out where the spring goes. Also do I need to take the acutator apart to put the spring back in place or can I get to it with out taking it apart. I am going crazy because this should be easy and the darn schematics don't show where this dang spring goes.
    Help!!!

Look at page 23 of this manual see if its any better than the one you have

http://www.ufpnet.com/Portals/0/PDFs...aintenance.pdf

Comment

got all put back together...thanks!!!

Comment

Sweet

Comment

I thought I would post what I had to do to get the pushrod release bracket spring reset just in case someone else runs into the same problem. Once the spring has come loose you will have to remove the entire actuator from the trailer. Once the actuator is free from the trailer turn it upside down remove the rollers pins and remove the master cylinder, pushrod assmbly etc... Now remove the pushrod release bracket ( someone out there may have figured out how to put the spring back in with the pushrod release bracket in place but I found it easier to put the spring in with the PRB out of the actuator). Now flip the actuator over and remove the plastic slide cover from the top and you will see two slits where the metal rollers should go. Now using a pair of neddle nosed plyers and a long standard screw driver slip the spring using the plyers through the slit g and push one end of the spring into the little hole(s) next to the larger holes where the PRB seats. Once you have one end of the spring in the little slit use the screw diver to push the other side of the sping into place. Once the spring is back in place reinstall the PRB and it will snap in place and the PRB now should spring back. Reinstall all other componants in reverse order and you will need to bleed the brake system. Hope I this helps...

Comment

pushrod release bracket spring

I have to replace a badly corroded release bracket and this is very helpful. I suppose it will be obvious when I actually get into it but perhaps you can give me a preview. The spring is essentially U shaped. Looking from the top through the slits, is the U shaped spring upside down or right side up? Thanks again.Pushrod bracket spring.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by YuCrew View Post
              I have to replace a badly corroded release bracket and this is very helpful. I suppose it will be obvious when I actually get into it but perhaps you can give me a preview. The spring is essentially U shaped. Looking from the top through the slits, is the U shaped spring upside down or right side up? Thanks again.[ATTACH]41178[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X