After Market Rims and LoPro Tires on trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After Market Rims and LoPro Tires on trailer

Winter is here and Im trying to get a few of my upgrades under way. I called today to try to price 4 18"rockstar rims for my boat trailer. Right now, I have the 215/75/ 14s on the trailer right now. They asked me what the backspacing was on the trailer, which is a 04 Dorsey trailer, and I had no idea. I just dont want to buy a 17x9 or 18x9 wheel and have them not fit. If anyone has any advice or suggestions, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks
    Ain't no 1/2 steppin'

You have metal skills so this might not be a big impediment for you but you will need different fenders for the bigger rims.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizza View Post
      You have metal skills so this might not be a big impediment for you but you will need different fenders for the bigger rims.
      Damnit, Mayb i can block of the leave springs or something. I havent really looked at it yet tho. I was hoping lo pro tires would compensate a little bit if I just went with 17s
      Ain't no 1/2 steppin'

Comment

How to measure the off-set if its not stamped on the current wheels

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/...|b|6698650813&
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Your stock rims have a zero offset. You'll want between a 15 and 25 positive offset depending on the width of the tire - positive offset will pull the rim underneath fender. Make sure you have the height clearance as I had to go with 17's on my last boat, barely made the weight limit work with 17's, but you can find 17's rated at 1709lbs per tire.
          Last edited by tnvolgrad; 11-28-2012, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizza View Post
            Not necessarily - my last boat had the standard fenders, but it was tight.

New boat same rims and wider fenders

Comment

Never thought about it with 17s. Just always was told with 18s and bigger you needed different fenders. Good info to know if I decide to upgrade the wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by tnvolgrad View Post
                Your stock rims have a zero offset. You'll want between a 15 and 25 positive offset depending on the width of the tire - positive offset will pull the rim underneath fender. Make sure you have the height clearance as I had to go with 17's on my last boat, barely made the weight limit work with 17's, but you can find 17's rated at 1709lbs per tire.
                I didnt double check my stock wheels yet, but I found some 5x4.5 18x9 Rockstar rims with 0 offset. These would work on my trailer wouldnt it??

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/XD...PXD77589004300
                Ain't no 1/2 steppin'

Comment

any update on what rims/tires you purchased? Im looking to get some 18s for my single axle trailer.

Comment

He went with 20". Don't think he has them on the trailer yet though.

Comment

i went with 18's +20 offset. i used the falken rt-m7 wheels.

Comment

Comment

Can you tell me where you got the rims and tires? Price, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Size. My boat and trailer are almost the same and I don't want to mess with having to get new fenders. Thanks.

Comment

Better make sure and re-torque your lugs

Comment

rockstar rims

Originally posted by viking View Post
                              Better make sure and re-torque your lugs
                              I had a rockstar rim fall off my trailer, scheared off, horrible experience..... I bought my boat and had rockstar rims put on it when i purchased it.
                              It was my first boat and nobody said i need to continually tighten the rims.....or for that matter tighten them at all. Im driving along feel a quick vibration and rim and tire are gone...
                              I have to continually tighten them and it sucks, they seem to always get loose even two years later.
                              I wish i never put them on my boat..
                              Be careful

Comment

Working...
                              X