Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21i Chines resting on bunks - ok?

Hey guys,

I just bought this boat (02 21i r) and it came with a trailer that doesn't quite fit right.

It's a single axle (just barely enough weight capacity) but more importantly, the bunks need to be adjusted to fit properly as right now the 2 largest bunks are sitting under the raised chines of the hull.

My question is, will this be ok for the winter storage season? Or do I risk damaging something?

I will likely sell the trailer in the spring so it really just needs to get me through this winter.

Is it the trailer that has been used with the boat in the past? If so, I would think that if there was going to be any damage it would already be done.

From what you describe it can't be adjusted so that it is not on the chines? Any pics?

Comment

Is it a custom made trailer or is it a universal kinda aluminum boat trailer? Most custom trailers down have a means to adjust the bunks. Sitting on the chines doesnt make me all worm and fuzzy in side, even just sitting for the off-season.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Also, that single axle worries me. Most boat trailer axles are rated for ~3000 pounds of load (presuming it's not a dually axle). Even if you have a really lightweight trailer, your boat would have to be 2500 pounds or less. Are you SURE that trailer is suitable for your boat?

Comment

Skip - its not the original trailer for the boat. It's has been sitting on it for a couple months though.

Chpthril - it's a custom trailer for a moomba of some sort. (outback I assume?) so it's not easily "adjustable" but after thinking about it, it may not be too hard to block it just to slide the bunks over slightly...

Waboating - I know, it looks light - and is. But it's a 5000lb axle with surge brakes and the trailer rating is for a max 4200lb 'load. Just enough, but if I keep storing it away from our lake I'll invest in a tandem for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Formulaz View Post
            Waboating - I know, it looks light - and is. But it's a 5000lb axle with surge brakes and the trailer rating is for a max 4200lb 'load.
            Good to hear on that axle. Just to be sure: Are the tires rated for 2500 pounds?

Comment

Working...
            X