Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bearing On Magnum Trailer

Hey guys.. First post

Today I could smell grease burning on my way back from the shop... Got home to this.

Pretty new at trailer maintenance, but i recall on my dads 01 tige pulling the pin and replacing the bearing easily...

Is this something new on a Magnum trailer, i opened up and tried to pull the pin but its not coming out. I also cant really see the bearing...

I read somewhere that you are supposed to just pump more grease in until the old grease comes out, but that doesnt make sense to me....

Thanks for any help!!!!
    Attached Files

Thats the bearing buddy. It needs to be pulled off in order to access the cotter pin and castle nut.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
      2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Thanks for the info... didnt know I had to knock off the thing sticking out.. How much does a shop usually charge to do this? Finding a BOAT (BOout another thousand) is expensive if you dont learn to do **** urself....

Should I contact Magnum who makes my trailer for Grease recommendations, bearing to use.. ETC?

Comment

My local Magnum service charges ~$80 per axle plus parts. I too need to take a look at my bearings on my Roadmaster trailer.

Comment

Use lithium grease.

I live not to far from the company that manufactures the bearings that many other companies sell, so a new setup is under $10/wheel, but you should be able to find them under $20 pretty easily. If you were doing a full swap, it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes or so.

Here is the write up with step by step instructions on how to do it.
            http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12469

Comment

what year is the trailer? on my 07 Magnum has sealed bearings. once they blow there is nothing you could do but order a new one for tige. unfortunately it is one big unit. since mine was one the front axle it cost me about 450 for the unit. which included the bearing brakes and everthing.

Comment

My magnum is a 2011 I think considering my boat is. But I regreased the bearing and will be ordering a new bearing. Where can I order the rubber bearing covers? Went to tractor trailer supply and autozone with no luck.

Ony traveling a short distance tomorrow to go to the lake. Will I be ok?

Comment

it should be. at worst the tire will lock up on you. but you will have to order a new bearing unit from tige for that trailer due to it being a sealed unit. The bearing they put in those trailers are supposed to be maintenance free. So once they blow you just have to replace them

Comment

Working...
                  X