trailer tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trailer tires

blew a tire going to the boat shop this morning. gonna replace all 4. any suggestions?

tandem Roadmaster carrying 2005 22V

What is your tire size?
    Here is a recent thread on the subject. http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...highlight=tire
    Last edited by TeamAllen; 06-14-2012, 12:19 AM.
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I just put 5 new Carlisle tires on. Discount Tire guy said I need to have my brakes checked because they were pretty hot. I was wondering if it is because I've been using my Tahoe tow/haul button. It seems to engage the brakes on declines alot.

Tahoe owners, how do you tow?

Comment

You should have surge brakes on that trailer, correct? The tow/haul mode button just doesn't allow the overdrive gear to engage and helps keep your transmission from jumping up and down that overdrive gear too much.

The surge brakes work when you slow down or hit the brakes on your tow vehicle, then the momentum of the boat pushed the boat trailer into the back of the tow vehicle. This squeezes the hydraulic cylinder on the tongue of the trailer which applies pressure to the trailer brakes and helps slow down the boat.
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

My suggestion is to pay strong attention to the weight ratings on the sidewall of the tires and also the date of manufacture.

Do not buy any tires that are over 12 months old.
          Boating Lake Mead since 2000

Comment

yeah I forgot that is how they work. Then the Tow/Haul mode is really jerky when changing gears. Is the transmission cooler always "working" or does it just work in tow/haul mode? I used to pull boats in 3rd gear on older tahoes/k-5 blazer so I've been using the manual modes also. Much smoother that way and I can control the shifting.

I did not see what the date codes were on the new tires. Old ones were 2005.

Comment

Can anyone - or Nobody, tell me if they have used the Orange P409S Tire Pressure Monitor for a boat trailer?

http://www.amazon.com/Orange-Electro...86/ref=lh_ni_t

It looks like a great product at the right price. I am concerned about the range of the receiver. Some reviews indicated it had a hard time seeing the right rear tire on a crew cab PU.

I just looked at the date code on my trailer tires

11 05 - on a 10/2007 boat trailer

IMAG0775.jpg

Comment

Here is a thread where the bearing was the problem.
                http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...hlight=bearing
                Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by kmkramer71 View Post
                  I just put 5 new Carlisle tires on. Discount Tire guy said I need to have my brakes checked because they were pretty hot. I was wondering if it is because I've been using my Tahoe tow/haul button. It seems to engage the brakes on declines alot.

Tahoe owners, how do you tow?
                  I had a 2010 Tahoe with the tow package and it down shifted when on the brake's I read in the owners manual to tow in tow mode only if trailer was 75% of total tow Tahoe can tow 8200 lbs with tow package.

Comment

Working...
                  X