No announcement yet.

Trailer needs replaced...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did you order your Alum I-beam trailer?

I also remember Tall had one as well - thought his was custom built though.

Comment

Originally posted by jwanck11 View Post
      Where did you order your Alum I-beam trailer?

I also remember Tall had one as well - thought his was custom built though.
      It was built by Rolls Axle http://www.rollsaxle.com/boat_trailers.htm

Was there today getting my new races put in the hubs. Asked him what a new one would cost, he said $7800.00 for 26' long trailer (which is what I have). Should be about $500 less for a smaller boat.

I said, "OUCH"!

I think they make the BEST trailer money can buy. Right down the the Alum grade, hardware and brakes parts.

Comment

Fully agree! Talked to another boater the other day, and he was not as fortunate on the parts for his trailer braking system. Kodiak is what was installed on his aluminum Ram Lin trailer, but costs were cut on the brakes and stainless steel parts were not used. Needless to say, he is upgrading his brakes to all stainless.

As for the trailer search, I am still in progress. Have quotes from a few manufactures such as BoatMate and EZ Loader. Working on quotes from Extreme in California and Road Runner near Dallas, TX.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh171 View Post
          Fully agree! Talked to another boater the other day, and he was not as fortunate on the parts for his trailer braking system. Kodiak is what was installed on his aluminum Ram Lin trailer, but costs were cut on the brakes and stainless steel parts were not used. Needless to say, he is upgrading his brakes to all stainless.

As for the trailer search, I am still in progress. Have quotes from a few manufactures such as BoatMate and EZ Loader. Working on quotes from Extreme in California and Road Runner near Dallas, TX.
          I am curious what a new Boatmate trailer cost these days. I would have to assume $5000 to $6000 for a 24VE???
          If it's $6K, It doesn't make sense not to buy a Rolls Axle trailer for another $1500.00
          Last edited by Nobody; 07-17-2012, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Just for an FYI.....Rolls Axle uses the "Airtight" hub seals. I personally like them. The down side is the sun tends to destroy them after 3 years.

http://www.airtighthubs.com/categories/view/2

I know everyone has their preference to what they think is best so I'm just throwing it out there.

DEEMAX also make a high quality hub, disc, caliper assembly but not in stainless steel. So it would be step down from Kodiak, but a step up from the normal junk Boatmate uses.

http://www.deemaxxcomponents.com/Default.aspx
            Last edited by Nobody; 07-17-2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
              It was built by Rolls Axle http://www.rollsaxle.com/boat_trailers.htm

Was there today getting my new races put in the hubs. Asked him what a new one would cost, he said $7800.00 for 26' long trailer (which is what I have). Should be about $500 less for a smaller boat.

I said, "OUCH"!

I think they make the BEST trailer money can buy. Right down the the Alum grade, hardware and brakes parts.
              Thanks. Yikes, that is a lot of money! Current trailer was in brakish Chesapeake Bay which caused rust. We now exclusively boat in fresh water and so the replacement might not need to be aluminum.

Being in SE Pennsyltucky, we are too close to the ocean so rust is still, albeit a lesser, issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
                I am curious what a new Boatmate trailer cost these days. I would have to assume $5000 to $6000 for a 24VE???
                If it's $6K, It doesn't make sense not to buy a Rolls Axle trailer for another $1500.00
                Boatmate quote was just under $6K for a galvanized trailer with a paint over galvanized option. Price was based on standard trailer with delivery to Texas. Most other quotes have been right at $6K as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh171 View Post
                  Boatmate quote was just under $6K for a galvanized trailer with a paint over galvanized option. Price was based on standard trailer with delivery to Texas. Most other quotes have been right at $6K as well.
                  Hard to imagine. There is nothing exceptional about a Boatmate trailer right down to the primer and paint materials. Most of these trailer mfg leave out make and model of their brakes. If provided the option, Kodiak SS cost double standard units, and I'd assume an additional $250 per Axle from a trailer mfg. Would be curious if Boatmate provides this option, if so how much??

http://www.trailerpartsdepot.com/ite...-10-SS&eq=&Tp=
                  Last edited by Nobody; 07-17-2012, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X