Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First trailer mod thread

Firsties!

My trailer now has 12 years on it and it needs some love.

First project-

Installed a safety cable. My trailer originally came with a Boat Buddy. POS. Replaced it with a cable.

Opinions?
    Attached Files
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

I don't think the boat buddy is that bad. My brother's XStar has one and it works great as long as you get the trailer depth right every time.

He has a strap in addition though too...
    Waiting for another good one!

Comment

I like it and would like to do it. Where did you get the cable? Can you take another pic zoomed out farther?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
        I don't think the boat buddy is that bad. My brother's XStar has one and it works great as long as you get the trailer depth right every time.

He has a strap in addition though too...
        Mine has always been a PITA. It broke (bent) a while back so, I just disassembled the pin structure and left it off. I just want it gone.

I do have a winch and strap as well.

Originally posted by Kimber View Post
        I like it and would like to do it. Where did you get the cable? Can you take another pic zoomed out farther?
        I got the cable (with hook) from my local trailer shop. Got the stainless hardware from a local nut & bolt store. I'm in right about $25 for everything. I mounted the 1/2" bolt through the winch stand to give the cable something to coil around. It also provides direction in which the cable will pull against its anchor point. I figure it the worst happens, it will tighten up around the bolt and sort of slow down the initial "hit" when it gets tight. It also shortens it up and with it being coiled, it disappears into that little open area inside the stand once connected while giving me plenty of slack to connect and disconnect. When disconnected, the hook rests perfectly around the bolthead, never touching the paint. No dangling or slapping around. I can hardly believe how well it seems to be working. We'll see how it does in the field. I might put on more coil around the bolt just to keep it a little tighter.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice job, but your trailer didn't come with a winch too? Just the boat buddy? I loved my boat buddy but I had to take if off up here becuase "power loading" is not allowed in WA or ID. it's easier to winch the boat on the trailer with the original roller bow stop.
          2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
          2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
            Nice job, but your trailer didn't come with a winch too? Just the boat buddy? I loved my boat buddy but I had to take if off up here becuase "power loading" is not allowed in WA or ID. it's easier to winch the boat on the trailer with the original roller bow stop.
            Sorry, never saw this. Ya, it has a winch. I just had it off in those pics. It's back on now.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
              Firsties!

My trailer now has 12 years on it and it needs some love.

First project-

Installed a safety cable. My trailer originally came with a Boat Buddy. POS. Replaced it with a cable.

Opinions?
              I think it's time for the scrap yard and start over.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
                I think it's time for the scrap yard and start over.
                I'd like to give you two cents. A penny for each eye lid.

Comment

I'd like to give you two cents. A penny for each eye lid.
                  Just testing you to see if "block" is working.

Apparently not.

CHEERS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
                    Just testing you to see if "block" is working.

Apparently not.

CHEERS!!!!

It's too bad the rains didn't wash you away.

You know, you obviously have some money (I'm betting its your wife's), can't you go buy some friends?

It's a shame I have to turn on the blocker. You know you're being douche and you apparently get off on it. Do you have any actual friends? Do they have to tolerate the same BS? I bet they're not real friends. They're just people you met and are nice to you because they don't want to be rude or they are your wife's friends. I was polite to you for a while. That is until I got sick of your BS. Pretty much everybody here is sick of your BS. Your inner douche just won't let you leave us alone though, will it? You just have to keep posting your stupid comments that just generally piss people off, don't you? You make yourself look like a a$$ every day. You're not funny, you're annoying. You're like an older brother who thinks he's super awsome but, when his back is turned, the younger brother's friends ask, "Dude, what is wrong with your brother?" The only answer is uttered with a big sigh, "I don't know."

Comment

It's too bad the rains didn't wash you away.

You know, you obviously have some money (I'm betting its your wife's), can't you go buy some friends? Not much money these days but enough to live on and have fun. I've been in business for 25 years, up and downs, rich and broke several times now.

It's a shame I have to turn on the blocker. You know you're being douche and you apparently get off on it. Your what they call easy bait, you know...the dumb fish that jumps on the boat Do you have any actual friends? No, I have no friends, will you be my friend? Do they have to tolerate the same BS? Absolutely! I bet they're not real friends. They're just people you met and are nice to you because they don't want to be rude or they are your wife's friends. I was polite to you for a while. [B]Thank you, very kind. [/B ]That is until I got sick of your BS. There is medicine for this. Pretty much everybody here is sick of your BS. Everybody??? Your inner douche just won't let you leave us alone though, will it? inner douche? Is this a new phrase? You just have to keep posting your stupid comments that just generally piss people off, don't you? Just you You make yourself look like a a$$ every day. Every day? You're not funny, you're annoying. You're like an older brother who thinks he's super awsome but, when his back is turned, the younger brother's friends ask, "Dude, what is wrong with your brother?" The only answer is uttered with a big sigh, "I don't know."
                      Thank you for your kind words, I will rest better knowing I meet your approval.

Comment

Working...
                      X