Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bunk lumber 1994 FSLM

Hi,
    I just purchased a 1994 2002 FSLM with a Roadrunner Trailers of TX single axle trailer. The PO replaced the bunks with 4x4s and now the boat does not sit on the trailer properly. Should the trailer have 2x4s or 2x6s? Looking at the hull design I don't think 2x6s will fit.
    Thanks for the help!

Mine has 2X4 bunks.

Comment

Awesome, thank you Lee!

Comment

Here is mine.
        Attached Files

Comment

Replaced the 4x4 bunks with 2x4s. She sits perfectly on the trailer now.

Comment

I had redone mine also.

Comment

Lee,
              I need to make inner fenders for my trailer as well, I know there is carpet on the inside face, what do you have on the outside face? Painted wood?
              TIA,
              Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Rrandar View Post
                Lee,
                I need to make inner fenders for my trailer as well, I know there is carpet on the inside face, what do you have on the outside face? Painted wood?
                TIA,
                Ryan
                I used HDPE and glued and stapled the carpet.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion! 2x4s really do look better. I haven’t thought about that before, but it might solve my problem with the boat.
                    Wood is rather expensive now, so I would have to look for another material to use instead. There are pretty good plastic 2x4 boards on bearboardlumber.com. It’s cheaper, easy to maintain, non-toxic, and doesn’t have to be replaced. I look like a more financially efficient option because wood can rot because of the dampness of the local climate.
                    Plastic boards are a modern solution that helps reduce the pollution of the environment and get durable construction materials.

Last edited by felicebehaviour; 10-10-2022, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post

I used HDPE and glued and stapled the carpet.
                      Where is a reliable place to order HDPE BOARDS to redo my trailer bunks?

Comment

HDPE comes in 4x8 sheets, you would have to cut your own bunks. We get ours from Piedmont Plastics

Comment

Working...
                        X