Dorsey serial number question - 2003 tandem for 24v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dorsey serial number question - 2003 tandem for 24v

I have a 2003 24v on the original Dorsey trailer, and I need to decipher the serial number. Unfortunately the plate with the stamped info has become illegible over time. Does anyone have a similar trailer or know enough about these to help me figure out the format - ie do they always start with 42... etc, so I can try to figure out enough from the letters or number that I can see to figure it out. I have made a copy of the image (uploaded also) and played with image grading to try to figure it out, and put my guess so far above it in blue letters.
    Thanks in advance

Another couple of options is to take a piece of paper and place it over the serial and lightly tap it with a mallet or hammer. The other option is to use a pencil, and color in the area of the serial number. Usually what does not have pencil on it is the valleys of the marks.

Comment

Originally posted by h2o-ski View Post
      Another couple of options is to take a piece of paper and place it over the serial and lightly tap it with a mallet or hammer. The other option is to use a pencil, and color in the area of the serial number. Usually what does not have pencil on it is the valleys of the marks.
      Brilliant, thanks so much - great suggestions.

Comment

Starts off with 4TBBT most likely. post up the first four numbers of your hull ID number and I can look it up for you.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

He bought TIXW6481A303

Comment

Thank you Lee. Toastie I will message you the number.
            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks Lee & KoolAid - much appreciated. Boat has arrived after crossing the globe- very excited!

Comment

About time it arrived!!

Comment

ya, with the road transport guy messing us both around, they missed the cut-off for the first ship out of Jacksonville, so it didn't leave Florida till the end of January. Ton of port/wharf dirt in the boat, so just giving it a mega clean now, but super happy to have it here.
                  Out of interest, do you ever vinyl wrap boats for transporting to customers? I've seen a few on the wharf here, so there must be some kind of vinyl wrapping system - if I do this again I might look into that.

Comment

Yes sir, we could have wrapped the entire boat.

Comment

ok, thanks for that Lee. I wonder how that works with the required fumigation that happened at the US end - do you know anything about that - maybe they stick the hose in through a hole in the wrap. Anyway, good to know for next time.

Comment

Working...
                      X