Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEED NEW TRAILER - 2001 2100v

Alcon,

Anyone know a good spot to find a new (used) trailer. Mine is in terrible shape and looking for something to get by for the next 5 years or so. Only real use is to launch and recover and take about 20 miles every few months or so for maintaining (as needed). I could rebuild bunkers and brakes and such. Just need something that isn’t rusted out and that fits the boat well. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not aware of any good places to find used trailers in the central Texas area. If you end up going the new route, Magnum trailers is what a number of boat dealerships in the area use. The one I got for my old 22i fit like a glove and was solid. They have a location in notheast San Antonio if you don't want to take a drive to their primary location in Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by h2o-ski View Post
      I am not aware of any good places to find used trailers in the central Texas area. If you end up going the new route, Magnum trailers is what a number of boat dealerships in the area use. The one I got for my old 22i fit like a glove and was solid. They have a location in notheast San Antonio if you don't want to take a drive to their primary location in Austin.
      Thanks a mil. I actually googled trailer companies and they came up.. I will make a call! Also, if anyone has one for sale that they don’t use, please let me know!

Cheers!

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

SO I called and there was an 18 week waiting period and they want $9K! So yeah… needless to say I took my trailer to a welder and started doing some work to make it last a few more years until I figure out what is next… Put some C-Channel over the sides and had the prop guard are worked on.. Hopefully is holds up for my launches and to and from the gas station when needed. Here is picture of my new back yard and then some of the trailer mods made to help the integrity of it. Added about 50 lbs to the trailer but I feel a lot better about it. Fingers crossed!

Comment

there have been a couple used trailers on onlyinboards. might watch that over the next couple months and be able to pick up something that might not be exact but will fit.
          I remember seeing them on CL every so often when we were searching for a tige a couple years ago.

they don't seem to sell quickly so something to search out every week or so and I bet you find something newer IF that weld job isn't what you want long term. looks like welding fit the bill tho
          2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
          2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Wow, they have gone up in price a lot or they quoted you that ridiculous price to see how serious you were. Mine was $5,500 at dealer cost. That price is going to be putting my own project boat trailer replacement off.

Comment

Originally posted by h2o-ski View Post
              Wow, they have gone up in price a lot or they quoted you that ridiculous price to see how serious you were. Mine was $5,500 at dealer cost. That price is going to be putting my own project boat trailer replacement off.
              Yeah it was crazy when they told me that. There was no hesitation and it seems like the going COVID rate now… I would just trade my boat in and put that money into a new boat that came with a better trailer to be honest. Appreciate the help looking! Let me know if you find a better deal!

Comment

Originally posted by sandm View Post
                there have been a couple used trailers on onlyinboards. might watch that over the next couple months and be able to pick up something that might not be exact but will fit.
                I remember seeing them on CL every so often when we were searching for a tige a couple years ago.

they don't seem to sell quickly so something to search out every week or so and I bet you find something newer IF that weld job isn't what you want long term. looks like welding fit the bill tho
                I will keep my eyes peeled! Thanks for the feedback as usual [mention]sandm [/mention]

Comment

This one looks like it has a prop guard?
                  https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/tr...369880679.html

These guys might be worth call?
                  https://texoma.craigslist.org/trb/d/...380655939.html

Extreme Trailers made them originally here in SoCal. I would think they would still have the specs to make another one.
                  https://www.extremetrailers.com
                  Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
                    This one looks like it has a prop guard?
                    https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/tr...369880679.html

These guys might be worth call?
                    https://texoma.craigslist.org/trb/d/...380655939.html

Extreme Trailers made them originally here in SoCal. I would think they would still have the specs to make another one.
                    https://www.extremetrailers.com
                    Thanks Mike! Good looking out! Hope all is well… sad I missed the reunion but the time off at home was needed!

Comment

I have an Extreme trailer for a 2001 21v Team Edition. It's pretty clean and in really good shape. I'm in SoCal. Let me know if you are still interested.

Comment

Originally posted by rka4x4 View Post
                        I have an Extreme trailer for a 2001 21v Team Edition. It's pretty clean and in really good shape. I'm in SoCal. Let me know if you are still interested.
                        Sent you a PM.

Comment

This is what I get for never logging in.

Comment

Working...
                          X