24ve fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24ve fenders

There is little to no room between my fenders on EZ Loader. How well do other Ve’s fit?
    It has not been ez loading...options Ive thought of:

1. Raise rear bunks by putting spacers between wood and trailer mount. Effectively raising boat on trailer.

2. Move fenders out by drilling new mount holes on fender. 4 holes on each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an extreme trailer for my 09 22ve and I'd guess I have about 4" of space (2" L&R if dead center) between the fenders. The carpet wrapped plywood is about a half inch above the fender itself. I would think the simplest fix would be raising the bunks slightly?

Comment

Do both sides look like that? My '06 22Ve on an EZ-Loader is similar to BCRider's. I'd say it's 1.5" -2" on each side when dead center.
      What I will say made a huge difference for me on loading was not being too deep. On ramps that aren't super steep, I back to where water just tops the wheel wells and crank it on from there. Never wind up on top of my wheel wells anymore or have to have someone pulling one side to keep it straight.
      This is tougher (for me) on steeper ramps. Maybe just haven't found the sweet spot there yet.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts guys.
        The problem isn’t centering it but no matter how well I center it it will have space less than the width of my fingers between hull and fender. Everything looks stock but maybe the bunks have just compressed so much. Boards look fine though from underneath with no rot. I think I’ll go with spacers, because that seems the easiest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have about the same amount of clearance and like it tight. Like okie stated the fenders keep the boat perfectly centered if you do not back in too deep. Typically I back the trailer in and my wife drives the boat on then I back up another foot or two and we winch it on from there. I like the way a boat stays centered on a tight trailer. This prevents you from looking like a total noob at the ramp and driving down the road with a boat leaning to one side. I have also considered raising my bunks about 3/4" at the rear to see if I can clear a slightly larger prop. There is very little clearance between my current prop and the trailer.

Comment

Working...
          X