Boatmate Trailer Parts / Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boatmate Trailer Parts / Customer Service

I had a complete bearing failure on the rear axle of my trailer as I was pulling into the garage driveway (thankfully). I have attempted to call Boatmate with help for ordering a new complete hub/trailing arm/ disk brake assembly. Called and emailed, leaving messages both Monday, Tuesday, and now today. On Monday morning I rolled the dice and ordered a new assembly from their parts website for a 3750 lb axle, which is correct. I had no indication that the part was in stock or not, but being a trailer manufacturer I would hope so. As of this morning I still have no shipping notification.

I just want to know if they are planning on actually sending me my part anytime soon or if I need to pursue other avenues. It would be nice to actually be able to contact somebody that works there and get some verification that I've in fact ordered the correct part as the old UFP part numbers are a dead end. I'm pretty disappointed in their customer service at this point.

Anybody know what other retailers are available to purchase these complete assemblies?

A friend of mine is waiting for an entire axle assembly under warranty and the dealer was saying about 8-10 weeks. This was also about a month ago.

Comment

Did it jack up your spindle or rotor? You can probably just replace the bearings, otherwise. Be a hell of a lot easier than replacing the axle. I’d do all your wheels, if you are doing one.

And my boatmate is a POS, and I’ve never been able to get any help, through my dealer, from them. My actuator has never been right. I’ve lost vaults, lost a wheel, and blown 3 or 4 of the underrated SUV tires they put on there to look cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Zackdogg; 06-09-2021, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Zackdogg, the rotor is dinked, the spindle doesn't look great either, along with the pads. Pacific Trailers actually answered the phone and was able to verify that they had the part in stock. I ordered immediately through them, 10/10 parts manager. Boatmate is still unresponsive so they are getting the ol' chargeback, I'm sure now ill hear from them.

I will be buying bearings and seals locally to attempt to repair the current assembly. At the very least ill have a reversible spare just incase this happens while not 30 feet from the garage door. I really don't have much free time so I figured id try to get a whole new assembly on the way instead of jacking around with a potentially lost cause. But if I'm getting on the water this weekend I'm gonna have to give it a try.

I've got a maximum of 16 weekends on the water this far north, so we try to squeeze every drop out of them.

Currently Boatmate's customer service is not even on par with the USPS...

Comment

This is not a defense of or insider info, just the perspective of someone in the marine biz. Chit is in high demand and short supply. They may even be still understaffed. I have struggled to get all kinds of stuff this year. Ive had some customers that we have made 3-4 partial shipments of their orders, trying to get out what we can, when we get it. Its not fair, but its reality. These are unchartered times for sure.

Id say try to find the parts were you can, but maybe give Boatmate a little benefit of the doubt that they are not just ignoring you.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Not that you’re wrong, I know it’s far worse, but BoatMate is on its 3rd year of being no help to me. Could just be my experience, but it’s also what my experience is, they’ve been horrible to deal with every time I’ve tried to get something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I haven’t had to deal with boatmate customer service but I much prefer boatmate trailers over the extreme trailers. Much nicer design, better bunk placement, proper position of axles and trailer connections are better on the boatmates. Don’t diss them too much if you haven’t tried any others.

Comment

I can understand the whole Covid slow down and materials shortages. What I cannot accept is the lack of return contact for 4 days now, phone messages and emails. I'm willing to bet they are putting all of their energy into keeping new trailers rolling out and have mostly abandoned parts/service. I run a business of my own (not the same scale) and wouldn't last long by taking customer's money, not delivering, and not having any sort of communication.

I am willing to say that my 2007 Boatmate trailer seems to be very well constructed and have been very happy with it thus far, it tows beautifully and is well balanced while loaded. The bearing/seal failure was not their fault.

Mike you gave this boat the works years back, so the trailer made it all the way from NC to MN at least once haha.

Comment

Quick update on the situation, I got my part from pacific on the 14th. My Boatmate order that I both requested be cancelled and have a pending chargeback on just arrived at my door yesterday the 28th. Not quite sure where to go from here, but ill be holding on to the hub assembly until Boatmate reaches out or the CC company provides some direction. I don't even mind reverting the chargeback and keeping the assembly lol this would have been much easier if Boatmate had any level of customer communication or service.

Comment

I bought a 2018 and the trailer has been in salt. Not bad but starting to show signs. I had to order a few parts for it and I was blown away by their web site. Everything was there online. I also did design. New trailer on their web site and immediately they wrote back telling me they did not sell direct. He gave me names of local dealers. I forwarded the email to guy I buy parts from since he was a dealer and asked for a quote. It has been over a week. No parts no quote. But I am also having the same problems getting the Chromax emblems for the side of my boat from Tige. Finally I asked Lee if they were even in stock. He said backordered. My local dealer for Tige parts will not even respond to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X