2006 extreme trailer hub replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 extreme trailer hub replacement

Looking to replace the oil bath hubs on my trailer to regular grease hubs with bearing buddies. Anyone know where I can get the right hubs to do this? I called extreme trailers but they weren’t much help since their parts and service departments are closed because of Covid. Any help would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at doing this a while back with my 06 extreme trailer. If I recall they are dexter hubs. You just need the right size retainer ring and the bearing buddy screws into the existing hub. Sorry couldn’t be more help.

Comment

Originally posted by boonecragun View Post
      I was looking at doing this a while back with my 06 extreme trailer. If I recall they are dexter hubs. You just need the right size retainer ring and the bearing buddy screws into the existing hub. Sorry couldn’t be more help.
      Oh okay so you’re saying I wouldn’t have to change out the hubs I could just empty the oil and install bearing buddies for grease?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes. Hubs stay same. Bearings are same. You just need to buy the right size bearing buddy that screws in and I think a ring seal.

Comment

What brand bearing grease do you use? I repacked using Mystik Marine Grease, the grease liquefied. I contacted Mystik and they stated the marine grease was not suited for disk brake applications and suggest the Mystik Grease 2. What exactly is the marine grease for? Drum Brakes? Non brake hubs?

Comment

Does it state anywhere on the container that you cannot or should not use that specific marine grease with disk brakes? DId they give you an explanation as to why it cannot be used with disc brakes?

Comment

i thought the marine grease was for greaseable things on your boat, like the rudder box on many boats.

Comment

Working...
              X