2007 EZ loader trailer not so easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 EZ loader trailer not so easy

Upgraded from a 1998 22i to a 2007 20v this summer. Been boating for 12+ years and haven’t struggled getting the boat back on the trailer this much since I started. Of the 5x I’ve taken it out I’ve ended up with it sitting partially on a fender 3x. Am I backing the trailer in too far? I typically go right till the guideposts pop up. My fear is if I don’t go far enough I’m getting a workout cranking it on.

also for reference this is mostly a one person operation, my wife will just drive the truck out once loaded up

I typically don't put the trailer in the water far enough. I can always hook it and start cranking if it gets stuck I have my wife back the truck in a bit further. I never power the boat on the trailer. Once the boat is all the way on I have to go to the back of the boat and hold the guild pole to help center the boat on the trailer. We also drive out VERY slowly. That seems to help the most. Every once in a while we still get the boat sitting wrong and have to put it back in and fix it.

Comment

Dont back in quite as far. Get the bow nested int he bunks, then have the tow rig driver back down slow and a little at a time, as you winch the boat up to the stop.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The slope of the ramp is a big factor too. The steeper the ramp, the harder your problem is. If the ramp is pretty steep(which I assume yours is based on the problem you’re having), the bow of the boat will touch the trailer and the stern will still be floating....only thing you can do is what the guys above say....one thing I’ll add is after you have the bow eye all the up against the roller, I’ll pull the truck up couple inches and stop. Watch the boat, it will settle towards the centerline of the trailer. Then pull up again a couple inches and let settle. Repeat 2-3 times and you are good.....

The ramp I use and 3 ramps. 2 of the ramps are fairly steep, so I don’t use them for this very reason. If you have options, try a flatter ramp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just to add to the questions, once I have my boat on the trailer and snugged up, it always slides back a few inches as I drive up the ramp. Then, I have to find a steep slope and brake check to move it back to the full on position. This is vital as I only have 1" of clearance for the garage door once in my garage so the slightest slip back on the trailer makes it impossible to close the garage...no swing away tongue . Any ideas on how to hold it there when I leave the water?

Comment

shorten or add the safety strap at the winch. that should hold it.
            2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

It can't move back of you crank it up far enough. If it's moving you're not cranking it tight enough to start with.

Comment

^^^true!

Comment

Take a pic when you crank it all the way up before u pull out. Is your ramp really steep?

Comment

I'll try and make sure it's up tight but I swear it is. May throw a ratchet strap on it also just to be sure. Thanks all!

Comment

Depending on the angles and setup of your trailer’s roller along with how far the stern of the boat is floating could cause some space to apear after you pull forward and when the stern is on the trailer. That’s why I asked for a pic!

Last edited by Bamer; 08-19-2020, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies and I see there’s another direction on this.
                        so I’ve been going to the same ramp most of my boating life and honestly never had these issues with the 98. That’s why I’m wondering there’s something very different about this type of trailer and it’s sensitivity to loading (older one was Dorsey). I’ll try not backing in as far, any rule of thumb as far as what should be under water vs out of the water on the trailer? Like last foot of the middle bunks should be out?

Comment

Working...
                        X