Wake after 22V RE 2003!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wake after 22V RE 2003!?

I wounder how the wakeshape are behind the 22V 2003? Is it like a Super Air or Mastercraft X-2??? I had a 22iTypeR before but its sold now so i need to order a new boat very soon! Pleace help me!

Matte

I rode behind an '04 X2 w/ the KGB ballast a couple of weeks ago, and I'd have to say that a weighted 22v wake is bigger, although much wider. Plus, w/TAPS you can shape it differently.
    Freude am Fahren.

Comment

It is bigger and steeper than a Malibu, but not as steep as a Super Air. I haven't ridden in an X2. But from what everyone says, it is still steeper than an X2. Basically, it will probably be right in the middle of both. It has a kick, but not nearly as abrupt as a SAN. It really depends what you are looking for. I am biased, but I think you get the best of both worlds with the 22V. You get a meaty ramp, but it is also steep enough to throw you up and not way out into the flats.

If you go over to www.wakeworld.com and search the archives, myself and a few others have discussed this topic in great detail.

Comment

I agree with Sammamish22V that the wake is not as steep as a Super Air. The 22V wake is more of a clean ramp than an abrupt wall, even at a 75 foot line length. The Super Air gets pretty washy past 70 feet. The X star is pretty washy at most lengths. The wake width of the Tige is however the widest on the water at 7 on the taps. You can make the 22V wake skinnier (more like a Super Air) by adding rear ballast (1000 lbs) and riding the taps @ 4-5. The wake is almost as steep and skinny as a Super Air at this configuration, but much cleaner. And if you like wakesurfing, nothing can put out a perfect curl like the 22V. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X