2000 2100v vs. 2300v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 2100v vs. 2300v

I recently posted a thread on the general forums about a 2000 2100v I am thinking of purchasing, but I have also found a 2300v year 2000 that comes without a trailer, but is actually going to be cheaper even when I buy a trailer. I'm from TN and boatmate's are made here in the next town over from me.

Anyway back to the point I was originally trying to get at. Like I said before I'm new to tige and I've never ridden in or behind a tige. I'm going from a 1988 19ft I/O to an inboard very soon. I would like to know what you all think of the 2300v compared to the 2100v, Wake wise and anything else you can throw in... I'm sure everything else is about the same other than the 23v has a little more room. There sure arnt very many 2000 2300v's out there compared to the 2100v.

And last but not least in my decision making process the 2300v would be a real deal, but its coming from a boat dealership and I just don't feel as confident that this boat has been taken care of as well as the 2100v, which is coming from a private seller, but I really don't have any idea b/c I've not met or talked to the owner of the 2300v.

I have a 01 2100 v limited. I love it. Turns on a dime, runs great, great surf wake. I have not been in a 23 v. It may come down to what size of boat you want.
    15 Escalade ESV-Black
    08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

While the 2300v is longer, you actually don't get as much room as you might think because the extra captain's chair on the observer's side.

Both produce great surf wakes, but I would think it would be easier to get a good wakeboard wake without a lot of ballast (it takes more to sink a 2300v and the rocker, aka convex v hull, is less pronounced).

I'd go with the boat that's been better cared for. It may be more money, but it's always worth it if there are fewer headaches.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
        While the 2300v is longer, you actually don't get as much room as you might think because the extra captain's chair on the observer's side.

Both produce great surf wakes, but I would think it would be easier to get a good wakeboard wake without a lot of ballast (it takes more to sink a 2300v and the rocker, aka convex v hull, is less pronounced).

I'd go with the boat that's been better cared for. It may be more money, but it's always worth it if there are fewer headaches.
        I agree with you and something about the 2100v I like plus it still has a ton of room and holds 12 people... I mean how much more room can you ask for. My listing ends on my searay 300 sundancer soon and i'll be off to a tige

Thanks for all your help. I must say I've read many boating forums in my day including the malibu crew back when I owned a malibu and I have truly enjoyed this one so far.

Comment

I have the 2000 2300 V and I love the extra room. My boat is actually 23'6" I like how it rides in big waves and the extra 2'6'' feet make a difference in storage and cockpit space. It does take more ballast to get a good surf wake, but once you have the ballast it is sweet. It is a very versatile boat, it is great for cruising big water such as Lake Powell, awesome at wakesurfing, a nice but wide wake for wakeboarding, and it has a decent wake for waterskiing above 25 mph. I think you would be happy with either boat, but the 2300v makes sure that you don't get "2 footitus" where you want just a little bigger boat. For me, it is the perfect size. But I also have a big family and usually take along guests. I agree with Dogbert on getting the boat that is in the best shape - in the long run you will be happier. My boat only had 100 hours on it when I bought it a few years ago. Here are some pictures of the wake:

Surf Wake:

Waterski wake:

Unweighted Wakeboarding wake:
          Last edited by Moki; 07-23-2008, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks for these great pictures! About to pull the trigger on a 2000 2300V limited and wanted to know what your ballast set up is? That wake looks massive and I will prob plumb in ballast once we get it dialed. I like to wakeboard too even though the wake is wide is it still nice? Any advice is appreciated thank you!

Comment

Moki, what lake are those first two pictures from? That water looks great.

Comment

I've got a 2001 2300V and it is VERY spacious! I absolutely love the boat. I own the boat with 2 other friends and we ALWAYS bring a whole crew along with us. The boat has tons of room. My last boat was a 20' boat, and I cant believe the size difference. I'm sure the 2100 is a great boat as well, I'm just dropping my 2 cents that I love the extra space! Iphone 1038.jpg

Comment

For me at least anything above 5-6 people isn't that much fun anyways.....unless you like climbing all over everyone all the time and getting short pulls behind the boat. It might also be fun if your just going out to a party cove or something. I take 12 people out occasionally on my 2200V but those days are not nearly as fun as the days with 4-5 people in the boat.

So, I guess my point is that a 23 foot boat may hold more people but your best days will be with 4-5 people and the 21 footer will do that just fine. Either way, your out on the water. I would get the one that appears to be most reliable/well taken care of.

Comment

Working...
                  X