Transmission hessitation???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission hessitation???????

I own a 2001 21V, and have been experienceing some hessitation in either the engine or the transmission. My research tells me that it is a Mercruiser problem, something about the ECM needing to be reprogrammed??? The problem is when I turn, or out of the hole, there is some hessitation or percieved problem with engaging the transmission. There have been some thread pertaining to the distributor cap replacement that I find hardly relates to my issue.

What similar problems and resolutions have you encountered and what do I need to do about it?

first off, there is no link between the ecm and transmission. being that there is a hesitation when turning and accelorating, you should check the trans fluid level. it the level is low then the transmission will slip which will feel like a hesitation.
    Greg Denton
    former service mgr. Tige Watersports July 95-July 05

Comment

I just got a response from Tige.....

Thank you for contacting Tigé directly and the problem could be a simple
      linkage adjustment, I would contact your local dealership and have them look at it. The last thing you want is to damage the transmission. Taylors Boats in SLC is the dealer and they have a great service department. Again it sounds like an adjustment and not the ECM. Seldom do the ECM go bad either way the dealership should be able to correct the problem. Please let me know if there are any further questions.

It sounds like I need to get an adjustment somehow. Any Ideas?

Comment

Working...
      X