wasssupp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wasssupp

hey guys i know theres all these posts about weight in the boat but i was just wondering if sacks make a big difference. we have a 22v and it throws a good wake..but we havent expimerented with sacks at all. thanks alot!!
    GO BIG!

They make a difference with my 23V. If I remember correctly there was a thread on this topic not to long ago. I think everyone pretty much uses some sort of ballast and then uses the TAPS to tune their wake.

Comment

Yes, it makes a big difference. Sacs or whatever other type of weight you decide to choose will increase the size, shape and firmness. When I first bought my boat I did not use sacs but once I started using them I have never riden without them. A bigger wake will give you that extra height allowing you to do more advanced moves. Try it out, you will be amazed.

Comment

I usually run a single 540 in the front of my '04 22v, which gives it plenty of size and an awesome shape with TAPS all the way up. On 8/1 we got ballsy and threw in 2500lbs (yes thats 2500lbs!)- 4 500lb sacks and 2 250s. Scary.

The 22v likes to have plenty of weight in the front- about where the walkway is. This give is a GREAT shape... a nice solid, smooth, and consistent kicker-like design. I'd start there, and maybe put 2 250s under the seats, as far forward as possible.
        Freude am Fahren.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with the wake on my 22V without ballast. It is the cleanest and least sensative to "side to side" weight distribution this way. But those boarders that are better, love it with the ballast system full. I use 375# of lead and 1200# with the Rival Download ballast system from Performance Tige in Mesa, AZ. The shape changes a little, and it does get bigger. The automatic system is the only way to go.

It also only takes about 5-7 minutes to go from wakesurfing to boarding or back. And you have to have the ballast for wakesurfing.

Comment

Working...
          X