Pulling a tube with the 24V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulling a tube with the 24V

I was recently looking at the 24V. Sweet machine, I love everything about it. I'm hoping to upgrade to one from my 2002 21V.

I noticed that the ski pylon has a big sticker that says one skier only. The dealer pointed out that it's not a true pylon at all and it has alluminum supports within the fiberglass that it cannot withstand the stress of more than one skier, and definitely isn't strong enough for a tuber. He suggested using the mooring rings in the back for tubes.

I then recalled seeing a guy pulling a 3 person tube off of his tower in a 24V the other day. I thought that was a dumb idea until I saw why. I found riding in a tube to be very unsatisfactory with the rope on the tower. I'm also not sure the tower was intended for such abuse either.

How do 24V owners pull tubers and do they have any issues?
    Be excellent to one another.

I tow a tube from my 22V with 3 kids on it. The tube, when on plane, is much less of a drag against the pylon than a slalom skier would ever be going around a bouy at 36MPH and 28' off. You could load 3-200lbs. men in it, and when a covered tube is on plane the drag is minimal, and when pulling any G force the weight is less than a 200 lbs. skiier exerting force.

Comment

speaking of that.... I tried to pull my daughter out in Lake Perris and I was told to put it away and that they werent allowed. Bummer, I am the only one who gets to enjoy being pulled since my wife is still learning and my daughter is too young. Next day we called Elsinore and no tubing there either. What the hell? Where do you go flackpack?

Comment

It's because Perris is directional. It's ok @ San Vicente or hey if your up for a drive just go to Havasu for some tubing fun.

Comment

Elsinore doesn't have a patrol during the week so thats when I break out the tube for the kids.

Comment

For the kids to tube, we break it out on the Colorado River or when we are in Shasta. Elsinore's patrols are pretty tight if they catch you, and Perris will write you a fix it ticket.

Comment

Flackpack,

Did your 22V have the same sticker on it? I know that under certain situations I've been going just the right speed and turned just right and submerged a tube, putting an enormous strain on the rope. It's no problem with my 21V becuase there is an extensive mounting bracket attaching it to the stringers. IS the 22V different than the 24V is what I am asking?
              Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Funny they dont let you tube, but they let these lame *** weekend warriors on their jet skis. Feels like I am in Waterworld w/ Kevin Costner when there jumping everything in sight.

Ohh well, headed to Havasu this weekend. Thanks for the info. Sorry to hi-jack your thread Talltigeguy.

Comment

The pylon appears to be the same as the 24V

Comment

Working...
                  X