2003 22vi TAP's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 22vi TAP's

I have a 2003 22vi limited and am having trouble with the TAPS system. The wake that I get is not variable to my satisfaction. The length of the cylinder shaft when fully extended is only 1" out of the housing of the motor/cylinder assembly. The full vertical movement of the trim plate is slightly less than 2".

Please let me know what your 2003 model does. Specifically, what is the total vertical range of the taps plate on your boat. Please, I need to reach new wake heights.

Thanks much
    Steve Power
    steven s power

Hey
    Steve...I too have tried to find this problem out. After looking at it with two sets of eyes out of the water, I have found that the piston indeed does not move all the way down. I think it will go all the way up (default Wakeboard position), but will not move down for 'slalom' position. I have had it in the shop once, and apparently they replaced the computer. It is in now, and they are replacing the pistion now. Let me know of any ideas you may have as well..
    Jason

Comment

Jason -
      Thanks for the reply. The total vertical range of my taps plate is just under 2". I did not see a lot of difference in the wake - no matter what setting I used. When I took it to the shop, they too replaced the computer under the dash. The gage worked then, but the wake still did not vary that much. Our dealer said that was the way it was supposed to be, therefore my email. When you get a new cylinder, will you please measure the cylinder extention AND the vertical plate movement and email me back....

I really appreciate it. Thanks and see you on the water, hopefully with a functional taps system.

Steve
      steven s power

Comment

Steve,
        I will do that when I get it back. I do not know if you saw, but I also posted in regards to the difference between TAPS and TAPS2 for newer models. Are you by any change aware of such changes?
        About the taps..At higher speeds, you will probably not notice a huge difference, but at the boarding/skiing speeds you probably will. However, it does sound like yours may not be moving full extension. I know that mine will pull all the way up, then, with someone tugging downward on the plate, it will move down.
        In regards to measuring the plate...what datum point are measuring from? The very end/edge/rear of the plate at full and minimum extension off of the ski deck? Just to make sure we are measuring the same thing.
        We will figure it out...
        Jason

Comment

Jason - thanks for the quick reply and your continuing help. I am not aware of the other posting about TAPS2 but I will look it up. The measuring point is the far edge of the SS plate away from the hull and hinge. I start with the plate at horizontal(clyinder all the way up) then move the setting down. The most extention I get is about 1" on the cylinder and slightly less than 2" of the plate from horizontal.

Thanks again.
          steven s power

Comment

Good deal. As soon as I get the boat back, I will get the info to you...
            Take it easy!

Comment

Working...
            X