Wake rollin over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wake rollin over

Just wondering if anyone is having a problem with there 2001 21V riders wake rollin over when the weight is equally place in the boat. Thank for your feed back.

If your boat has spray pockets than thats probably the reason. If you search "Spray Pockets" using the search button, theres a few posts on it and how to fix it.
    www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Comment

Nathan, can you be a little more specific on your setup such as speed, TAPS setting, and weight distribution?

Generally with that hull shape you must run more weight in the front. I have on 01 23V and I have a buddy who can ride out to 85 ft with no wash. Try this link for more info; http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...p?threadid=446

Comment

I put about 500lbs of steel in the bow and about 600-700lbs in the rear. My taps are 1-7 and i put on 6 and to clean the wake up i run around 28 mph but i think my digtal speedo is off it doesnt feel that fast. Im think about filling in my splash pkts in what do you think about that.Thanks for the feed back.

Comment

I would put some more weight in the front or take some out of the back. You probably have to run your TAPS in the neighborhood of 1-4. A setting of 6 on the TAPS with that much weight will not work. Your speedo maybe off because any slower than 21 mph will create wash.

As far as filling in the spray pockets I would not know. I have just read that it definetly helps the shape of the wake but I dont know about long term affects.

Comment

How much more do you think i need in the front?

Comment

Did you read that thread that I posted above? A few members (hanzj and Bog) have the same boat as you and it lists their set up.

I cant really tell you for sure since my boat is a little bigger than yours. Just try on of those listed setups and I am sure you will have it dialed in.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Nathan...you will want an even amount (or more) weight up front. I run, 600lbs up front, and 2 350# sacs in the back, however, I don't fill the back ones all the way up. Especially if everyone is sitting in the center or on the rear pads. For some reason people rarely sit up front, and I'm not a seat nazi. I also never run my taps over 5 or so. I would have my speedo calibrated if I were you. The best way is to get a GPS from a friend or your dealer, or get one from wally world and take it back when your done. I ride around 22-23 and there is no wash.

Comment

Hanzj do you know if you can recalibrate are digtal speedo.

Comment

My speedo was replaced with PP. I know that can be calibrated, but am not sure about the factory one. If you need help with the PP, let me know.

Comment

If it is the Faria Pilot gauge, the speed can be adjusted.

Comment

Is it possible to tell me how. It is a faria.

Comment

Go to Downloads section of this site and look for Manuals. You will see Faria Pilot manual.

This is a bit more striaght forward than me trying to explain (I have forgotten how I did it). It looks like you hold the main button down until the Calibration symbol comes up. From there you can adjust up or down. I think I had my analog speedo right, so I set the Faria to it. Also did the GPS route to confirm.

Comment

Working...
                            X