Weighting a SwitchV/20V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weighting a SwitchV/20V

New member of the board, long time admirer of Tige'. Hoping to purchase a new boat this summer.

I rode behind an 04 SwitchV (no ballast, just TAPS) this past weekend and I found the wake to be on the smallish side (65', 23-25mph). Since this boat is very high on the possibility list, the wake concerned me greatly.

Can any switchv/20v owner enlighten me on how they weight their boat for wakeboarding? I did read the TAPS thread where many of you posted your weight configurations. Some factors to consider:

1. Exposed bags are NOT an option. Putting sacs in the storage areas would be acceptable, however.
    2. The lead weight for the bow would be purchased, but it was not in the boat when I rode.
    3. There was only one passenger in the boat when I rode.

Thanks!
    Last edited by ShawnB; 06-14-2004, 06:15 PM.

Shawn, take a look at this thread, http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...hp?postid=1979

That may answer some of your questions.

Comment

I wouldn't recommend riding 23-25 mph and using a 65 foot rope. Go up to a 70-75 foot rope at that speed and the wake should be better.
      www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Comment

Thanks, Matt. That's what I was looking for.

Comment

ShawnB,
          We have a new Switch V with the ballast from the factory. If you get 4 to 5 people in the boat with the ballast full and ride at about 21 to 22 at 70' out the wake is nice. I will try and get pics up after this weekend.

Comment

shawnb,
            I put a pic of our switch v wake under my member gallery. We are going 20 mph, stock ballast full, 3 people in the boat, taps was at 4. He was 65' back.

Comment

Thank you for the picture. I know it's quite a jump from the Switch V, but I ended up with an 04 X2. That wake looks alot better than what I experienced in the non-ballast-equipped Switch V.

Comment

weighting the 20v

hey shawn

we just got our new 20v not so long ago and we were told some different ways to weight it an we found the best way was to put:

600 lbs in each rear locker and about 840 lbs in the front in lead under the lift up seat, try it closer to the rear so the boat is pushing more than sinking down.

try that and see how you go

Coryh

Comment

Weighting the boat

I have yet to use weight in my 20V, no ballast system as of yet. Does it make that much of a difference using the weight.. is it to firm up the wake or just make it huge? It seems like if you put that much weight in the boat it would greatly effect the performance of the boat, and take up a lot of storage area. Does anyone have insight to this? Also where do you purchase the lead used in the bow area?
                  Thanks,
                  Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X