Cronic issues with 2006 22ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cronic issues with 2006 22ve

I'm new to this site. My poor dealer has dealt with my constant nagging long list off issues with my boat. I reached on year of ownership this week and it was NO celebration . . . more like cronic stress . . . the boat has been operational fewer days than not. And once again it stranded me and my guests this weekend. We got a whole 30 minutes out of it this weekend before it died. Tige has been slow to approve warranty work and my dealer asked them to replace the boat and they said no. It turns out mine appears to be one of the first from the new plant. Just looking to other 2006 owners to see how they got their issues resolved. It's become a full time job that I don't have time for. I want this boat to work but am close to throwing in the towel and letting my attorneys duke it out with Tige. I have a direct connection with my dealer's lead mechanic because there have been so many issues. And not just simple things like sub-par drains, jacks, parts - but a boat that doesn't run.

What exactly are the problems that you have been dealing with? You said its not simple things like sub-par drains, parts, etc.. but what do you mean it doesn't run? Is it a motor problem or a Tige problem? What motor do you have in your '06 22Ve?

Also welcome to the site! There are tons of knowledgeable people on here and tons of stuff to read up on. Welcome to the family and hopefully we can help you get your problems resolved!
    If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

Post up your issues, could be that the dealer may not know how to diagnose and repair.

I to had some issues with my 06 22Ve, we got a hold of our area Rep, who got us hooked up with a fantastic dealer that has been more than happy, and capable, to take care of our problem.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your boat. I currently do not have any issues (except for self inflicted ones of coarse. Not connecting all wires to battery, ...) but suggest what chpthril is suggesting. Once in awhile you will have the owners of Tige pop on here to see issues and they will address them with you not via this site but you are doing the right thing by asking the members here about advise. Tige makes a very good product and personally, I am a little surprised by this but I am sure there is a lot more to the story than you were able to write. Again, welcome and we all hope that you get this resolved quickly.

Comment

CHP, do you let gunnels take care of yours? or hq marine?
          Everything happens for a reason
          I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
            CHP, do you let gunnels take care of yours? or hq marine?
            Gunnells fixed everything this Feb because HQ was just getting up and running. I WOULD trust my boat to either of them.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I had several issues with my 2006 22Ve. Honestly, initially I was a little disappointed with the fit and finish on my boat. I suspect it was one of the first from the new plant as well. I contacted my factory rep (who was very helpful by the way) and all the issues were resolved. I now have just a few "other" little things they'll need to look at during my 20 hour service, but I don't suspect I'll have any issues getting them corrected. Give your dealer another shot. My experience with the Tige network has been superb.

Comment

Me too. But in the category of a several little things, including the boat being at the dealer for 5 of 6 months this winter (outside). Delivery Month was April '06.

Comparison (I kept a spreadsheet): my new 1999 2100V - 12 items considered issues. My new '06 22Ve + trailer + dealer installed items - 42 items (way more than reasonable, but this forum has been great for advice).

My grade for 2006 22Ve big ticket items:

Hull: A+
                Gelcoat Finish: A+
                Engine: A+
                Transmission and Drive: A+
                Interior: A
                Tower: B

Comment

give details on what your boat is doing and what has been done. what eng you have does it die and not crank or die and crank no start. would love to help but i need more info.

Comment

yeah let us know what's going on. We can't help if we don't know.
                    Originally posted by G-MONEY
                    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

well post something up man. now Im even wondering whats wrong

Comment

Maybe he is just a Mastercraft dealer trying to stop some eroding market share.

There have been a few instances of this on Wakeworld and they got ratted out after people started asking details. They weren't dealers, but were someone just making stuff up.

To give him the benefit of the doubt, we have seen bona fide 'lemons' put out by Tige and hopefully there is someone in charge of quality to see that those get rarer and rarer.

If he did go with the attorneys, then the first thing they would tell him is to stop posting that stuff on here. At least it is good no one else has posted to agree with him, but they probably wouldn't be on tigeowners much anymore if they did have those kinds of problems.
                        Last edited by talltigeguy; 06-23-2007, 07:05 PM.
                        Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                          Maybe he is just a Mastercraft dealer trying to stop some eroding market share.

There have been a few instances of this on Wakeworld and they got ratted out after people started asking details. They weren't dealers, but were someone just making stuff up.

To give him the benefit of the doubt, we have seen bona fide 'lemons' put out by Tige and hopefully there is someone in charge of quality to see that those get rarer and rarer.

If he did go with the attorneys, then the first thing they would tell him is to stop posting that stuff on here. At least it is good no one else has posted to agree with him, but they probably wouldn't be on tigeowners much anymore if they did have those kinds of problems.
                          TIGE owners should require that you have to enter your boat vin or partial vin to be able to make post. That would stop any one from making stuff up.
                          Last edited by anhaney; 07-11-2007, 02:11 PM.

Comment

maybe all his "chronic" issues are happening at 4:20?
                            Freude am Fahren.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruune View Post
                              maybe all his "chronic" issues are happening at 4:20?
                              oh now thats funny!!!!! it does make you wonder though dont it. you would think giving some kinda of info about the boat would the first thing when asking for help. mabe they fixed him up and he is out sking and now does not have time for us or maybe he does not really want help and would rather just complain either way best of luck to him. the first step in getting help is asking for help!

Comment

Working...
                              X