24Ve Major Fuel Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
    My boat is perfectly level on my trailer, and should be for the surge brakes to work optimally. Several people have also had it squirt out on them while on a gas dock while floating, def level. Maybe bow down will help, but not very practical. This is something that tige should def address.
    Maybe a vent up front that would tee into the other!
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

y, maybe.
      http://wake9.com/

Comment

The thing is, the fuel gauge should work, mine works very well. Of course I don't trust it unless I am at idle in the water. My problem was the way the fuel filled in the tank, and how hard it was to figure out how to fill it to the top. Once I got that down, fuel gauge works better, and is more accurate than my last 2 boats.

Comment

I have a diffrent tank set up than that in my 24V. I it is close to the same but a little diffrent. I have found I don't have any problems with SPLASH over as long as the nose is down and I don't over fill it. My fuel guage is real accurate. When it reads 1/4 tank you'd better get of the lake.

Comment

The first three years I owned my 22v I only filled it up at the dock, and I had to be very careful not to spill gas in the lake (big fine if caught). I still have the problem on the trailer, but not as bad. I love my Tige but I never saw the Malibu, Mastercraft or Correct Craft guys laying on their side with their ear to the gas filler because they were worried about spilling gas, plus everyone hated getting behind me at the pump because it took forever to fill up. If Tige wants to play with the big boys then they need to get it together and start paying attention to the details. Alot of companies have been successful building a hull and bolting in a motor, it's the details that make all the difference between the big players and the wannabes.
            -Tip

Comment

There is no question, it should be fixed. I too was surprised this has been such an issue for so long. My dealer was just like, thats the way it is.

Comment

Well, my gauge decided to really work like a charm after this weekend. Not sure why it is reading correct now. I had it dialed in when I knew I has okay until the gauge started to drop off Full. Now it is reading 3/4 full from a weekend of boating (not used a lot). Just simply amazing I would say. I guess it took time to work itself out.

Comment

Feedback I've gotten on other boards is that most boat manufacturers are now getting the fuel tanks/sender units as a single item that they then install. It's actually the shipping of the unit that can cause the sender mechanism to jam.

Just run over a couple of tuber wakes and you're good
                  Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I like that idea. Especially out here in CA where the lawsuits are plentiful.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                      I like that idea. Especially out here in CA where the lawsuits are plentiful.
                      Ya in California we have 80% of the nations attorney's. I guess that is for a reason. I do have to admit I enjoy sitting at a table in a restaurant eating my meal with out smelling cigarette smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Tip View Post
                        The first three years I owned my 22v I only filled it up at the dock, and I had to be very careful not to spill gas in the lake (big fine if caught). I still have the problem on the trailer, but not as bad. I love my Tige but I never saw the Malibu, Mastercraft or Correct Craft guys laying on their side with their ear to the gas filler because they were worried about spilling gas, plus everyone hated getting behind me at the pump because it took forever to fill up. If Tige wants to play with the big boys then they need to get it together and start paying attention to the details. Alot of companies have been successful building a hull and bolting in a motor, it's the details that make all the difference between the big players and the wannabes.
                        I know a few MC owners that have inaccurate gas gauges but they don't have a problem with it spilling out...
                        Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

My fuel guage is still working and I don't have an issue with gas filling either. Ruune nailed it. Don't put the pump on the maximum fill setting. Usually, one notch below the maximum causes no problems and, quite frankly, isn't all that much slower.
                          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by Tip View Post
                            funny you should say that they are having the exact same discussion over on the planet nautique website right now. bunch of guys talking about what a pain in the butt it is to put gas in there correct crafts they all have different methods.i have had mastercraft and moomba both with the same issue. its not just a tige a thing. im telling you its all about the vent hose. been there done that got the t-shirt.

Comment

My previous boat was even worse because the filler was on the back of the swim deck, not far above the waterline. Flat gas tank, it didn't take much to get the backwash going

Comment

Working...
                              X