flushing 22V drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flushing 22V drive

I just got the boat and need to flush the engine. Underneath the left side is the strainer, but what is that under the right side? It has a black cover and without climbing underneath (which I'll do tomorrow, I can't figure out what it is.

On my 2100i DD, I could never get the fake a lake to work. I hooked it up, made good connection with the strainer, but could never create enough suction without burning up the impeller. Can someone help me out on this? How do you get that stupid fake a lake to work properly?

Also, I have the 340 vortec and am going to create a flush kit. I've already got the plumbing and the ball valve setup. But now I need to get to the hose for the sea pump. Does anyone have any pics for getting to the pump. Are there any good books for the engine? The direct drive was easy, this seems like it will be a little tougher.

Thanks for any help,
    Chris

Here is a link to a thread that I posted pics of my perko flush pro and my dealer also chimed in about installing it. I have a 2005 22v with the 340hp MP also. Hope it helps. I also have a sea strainer which you might think about doing if you have any debris in the water in your area while you are in there. Let me know if you want any different pics and I can post them up for you.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ighlight=flush

Comment

Originally posted by cjromero77 View Post
      I could never get the fake a lake to work. I hooked it up, made good connection with the strainer, but could never create enough suction without burning up the impeller. Can someone help me out on this? How do you get that stupid fake a lake to work properly?
      Get a Pro-flushional.

Comment

Working...
      X