Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question on size (not what you're thinking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question on size (not what you're thinking)

Gentlemen (and ladies)-

I've already made up my mind that I can't live without a late model 22' Tige. My heart is set on the 2006 22Ve, but my pocketbook just wont go along with it. It looks like the two will have to come to some sort of agreement on an '03 or '04.

Anyway, here's my query. I obviously want to have a place to store my precious that is protected from the elements. How big of a garage door would I need to comfortably back it into (with the tower up, of course - why not)? How deep would it need to be assuming the platform isn't removed and I can't get a folding tongue trailer? I'm about to build a separate garage on my property, so the design is up to me.

Any and all suggestions (also as to which model boat is the best to buy for a beginning-going-on-pro wakeboarder) are welcome.

You would want door to be 14' high and 10' - 12'wide. If you went 30' deep you should be good.

Comment

Our shop doors are 12x12 have we do not have a problem. That is also a standard size door so it might be less expensive.

Comment

With my E Series tower on an 06 22ve, I had to find a 12' tall door, 10 just wasn't enough without folding down the tower, but it also feels like I am sitting on a really high trailer (ezloader with 20" rims). The boat's beam width is 102" (I think) so by the time you measure the trailer pylons' width, its also a good idea to go nice and wide. Basically I'm using an RV sized storage garage - I'll try and get some pics soon.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Ve series came out until 05-06? I would suggest finding the boat you are going to buy, and then building your garage.

I've never been in/driven a V - but I think the hull design was different. The Ve's ride/performance is amazing (now if only the ice would melt so I could use it). I found mine at a dealer using boattraderonline.com. Happy boat hunting!

Comment

The 22v is a little different hull from the ve, but still rides great and makes a great wake. We do a lot of cruising in ours and it handles anything the mega boats around here, Tampa Bay, can throw at her. Just this weekend I had to pass a 70' Hatteras Sportfish and the bow didn't dip low enough for me to even hold my breath, I was amazed. You will enjoy your 22ve/v for sure. Post some shots when you find the right one.

Comment

Welcome to the Site!
            "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for all the great info and suggestions. Glad to be here, and I've already learned a great deal from the other postings.

The only thing I've got left to do is buy the boat! I'll be home from Iraq in August, so if you've got a good boat for sale around that time, look me up!

Comment

tbh13,
                I'm assuming your in the military. Not too many other people go to Iraq.

If so, thanks for your your dedicated service for our country!
                Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Yes, Thanks for all you guys and gals do

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
                    tbh13,
                    I'm assuming your in the military. Not too many other people go to Iraq.

If so, thanks for your your dedicated service for our country!
                    Amen on that
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yes, I'm currently serving with the Army over in this wonderful sandbox. Although I'm considered an 'office ranger' or a 'fobbit' and rarely leave the base, it doesn't mean I don't miss those early season boarding sessions! Can't wait to get back and join the few, the proud, the tige owners club.

Comment

Buy a 24V then you won't have to buy another boat until they finally start making the 24rz. We are on our 2nd Tige, both 24', and can't live without the room and the great wake.
                        Thanks for your services in the "sandbox". You all do a great job for our country.
                        In the off season in AZ, we spend our free time in USA's sand capital, Glamis. Love the sand, just not as much as the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by TigeDuner View Post
                          Buy a 24V then you won't have to buy another boat until they finally start making the 24rz.
                          You must have missed this:

"a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
                          "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

No, I saw it, but he said he wanted a "used" one....

Comment

Working...
                            X