Porpoising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porpoising

I took my new Tige 20V out for the second time today. I loaded the Fly High sacs in the rear and front full. When up to speed of 22 to 23 and taps at anything above 5 it began to porpoise very bad. Can anyone give me some help on what I need to do?

check out this thread i'd start at about post 28 thats where the porpoising talk starts

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3083
    The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

The front end of a 20v needs more weight up front than the factory puts in it. Try adding some weight to the front and it should stop the bouncing.

Comment

Originally posted by my1sttige View Post
        I took my new Tige 20V out for the second time today. I loaded the Fly High sacs in the rear and front full. When up to speed of 22 to 23 and taps at anything above 5 it began to porpoise very bad. Can anyone give me some help on what I need to do?
        One more thing, the only time I have my TAPS set above 5 or 6 is for wakesurfing. Remember, it's a wake-shaping device and there's no one right setting for a particular watersport. The TAPS guage is just there so you know what setting it's on.

I'd follow lee's recommendation. You can get smaller 150lb water ballast blocks or lead, if you want to save space.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by wannabewakeboarder View Post
          check out this thread i'd start at about post 28 thats where the porpoising talk starts

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3083
          Hey Wannabe,

Way to go! Digging up that thread and posting it up. Great job!
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I am with dog here. I had a 20V and when weighted never had taps above 5. Wake was good emough for us amatuers
            Let it be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by my1sttige View Post
              If you are just cruising, bump the TAPS down a little, that will bring the noise, down. If boarding, add a little more weight to the front, or remove some from the rear. Of course, this may change with water conditions.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Sit a couple people up front. If you are riding rough conditions, drop taps to 3-4 when you hit chop.

Everyone blows this problem way out of proportion. It's really not that big of a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
                  Hey Wannabe,

Way to go! Digging up that thread and posting it up. Great job!
                  i was also having that problem and remembered that thread
                  The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Working...
                  X