No announcement yet.

Tige 20V vs MC X-2 & Malibu VTX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's funny, almost everyone who comes to this site while looking for info and opinions on a new boat will get the same response, go drive 'em. Almost all of the people who do go drive all of the different brands of boats they are looking at end up as Tige owners. Hmmmm?

Good luck with your demos and have fun. Buying a new is about one of the funnest things to do for us old kids.

PS- When you do go out on these demos, find the roughest water you can.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

One more thing, just get the ballast. You'll end up getting it later anyways. You might as well put it in the financing.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by FIC View Post
        One other very important item that everybody forgot to mention is tige gets the best fuel economy , its almost double .
        Really? I knew that Tige claimed to get good fuel mileage but I figured it was just advertising collateral.

Find the roughest water you can, seriously!

Comment

I bought a 21V four years ago, and test drove it in water I would have never taken my previous boats out in because it was so rough. The Tige is built like an offshore boat, heavy duty, and can really take on rough water. No matter the conditions, I am never uncomfortable in my 21V. When I installed my Perfect Pass a couple of years ago, I found out why, it was at least 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick in the hull. Drove my brother in laws X30, (beautiful boat) but while my Tige handled like a Ferrari, his handled like a 64 Cadillac. No comparison. The Tige handled rough water much better also. Tige could take some lessons about interior and upholstry from MC though.

Comment

Originally posted by laserfish View Post
            Tige could take some lessons about interior and upholstry from MC though.
            I agree with you on that...MC's interiors are top-notch.

Comment

2003 Tige 20V (Switch)

You had some very good questions. When I bought my 03 Tige 20V i tested all 4 models (22i, 20,22,&24v). The waterski wake on the 20v was WAY better than the other 3 models. I ski 32-34mph on a D3 @ 32' off. The wakeboard wake w/o ballast @ 20-25 is great! With taps you can literally watch the wake adjust to your liking as you adjust taps... the wake is fine w/o ballasts.... although I added them (total of about 1200#'s 2 front, 2 back) and the wake is even better. Surfing is KILLER! you can actually surf either side, most boats DRASTICALLY favor one side (don't get me wrong, Left is better or easier to surf but get your weight on the R and you can surf right too!). The boat over all is a good "switch" boat. When i bought the 03 everyone was getting into wakeboarding & surfing (which i still enjoy) and the 20v had the best vdrive waterski wake over ALL other boats made. But in the last 2 years my passion has grown for waterskiing so i'm looking for a direct drive that i can also surf behind. any ?'s call me 831-475-6688 Daren
              2005 Tige Switch (bought an 03 Tige 20V brand new in 03 from Mesa. Sold it in 2010 and bought a MasterCrap... total lemon. Sold that in 2013 and bought my 05 Switch).

Comment

drive the 20v you will love it. As far as wake i would say for surfing plan on ballast.Wakeboarding is going to depend on your skill level.As far as true x-over tige is the best of all these boats.I have worked on 3 x2 in the last couple of weeks. All i can say is i was not impressed in the least.they handle like a school bus compared to a tige or a malibu.Very fague and non-responsive. I have not driven a vtx but have driven all other model malibus and can be pretty confident it will drive better than an x2. But i would drive them all and see for yourself.
                And as far as malibus go dont be affraid to look at the V-Ride its the old vlx hull and a dam nice boat.
                Last edited by kko; 08-08-2009, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Did anyone notice this thread is from more then a year and half ago!.

To make a happy end to the story and thread.

Maxumus did by a 2008 20V.. We have surfed behind it for the the past seasons along with wake boarding from time to time and skiing.

It truly does all very well
                  Tige owner since 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Ks View Post
                    Did anyone notice this thread is from more then a year and half ago!.

To make a happy end to the story and thread.

Maxumus did by a 2008 20V.. We have surfed behind it for the the past seasons along with wake boarding from time to time and skiing.

It truly does all very well
                    NO Its red fault.
                    Last edited by kko; 08-09-2009, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I have has my tige since april of this year 22v and cant be happier with both the boat and the information you will find on this site. Thanks to everyone.

Comment

I've had 4 boats, I'm die hard waterskier at heart, but family and friends want to wakeboard and wake surf (yes I wakesurf too, but passion is waterskiing: 91 Supra Comp, bought new 03 Tige 20V in 03, in 2010 I bought a 03 Mastercraft X-7, in 2013 I went back to a 2005 Tige Switch. Yes, I came back to a switch. For a waterski wake, it has the best crossover wake I've seen. I've skied the VTX - decent, but I like the Switch. Tiges are great boats, although I made some adjustments to my 05 after buying it. It came with a 1:1 tranny, I swapped it out with a 1.49 (which is what my 03 Tige 20V had), it made a HUGE difference in holeshot and holding a skier speed, and a wakesurf speed. The switch exhaust is louder than my 20V which is the only negative thing I have to say.
                        2005 Tige Switch (bought an 03 Tige 20V brand new in 03 from Mesa. Sold it in 2010 and bought a MasterCrap... total lemon. Sold that in 2013 and bought my 05 Switch).

Comment

Working...
                        X