Bent turning fin on 23V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bent turning fin on 23V

Can someone tell me if I have to remove the tank and motor to replace the turning fin on my 2002 23V. The vin is TIXK5966E202. Is the fin bolted in or lagged in?

Thanks!

Just to be clear are you talking about the tracking fin? On of the three in front of the prop and prop shaft.

Or are you talking about the rudder, behind the prop.

"turning fin" is what I'm tryint to clarify.
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

the three turning fins, not the rudder.

Comment

If it's not bent to bad, You might be able to straighten it out. wrap it w/ a rag and use visegrip, pipewrench, adj. wrench, etc.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I bent one of mine a few years ago (middle one) on my '01 23V. At that time, I was told (I think by Tige M.D.) that these are lagged, so you should be able to do everything from the bottom. I seem to remember there was a serial number cut off where they started doing it this way. You might be able to search for that string.
          I still haven't changed mine because I found it really didn't affect the way the boat handled.
          Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

Comment

Originally posted by f700 View Post
            the three turning fins, not the rudder.
            Here's the threads ScootC is referencing:

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...t+tracking+fin

hope that helps
            "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Originally posted by scootc View Post
              I bent one of mine a few years ago (middle one) on my '01 23V. At that time, I was told (I think by Tige M.D.) that these are lagged, so you should be able to do everything from the bottom. I seem to remember there was a serial number cut off where they started doing it this way. You might be able to search for that string.
              I still haven't changed mine because I found it really didn't affect the way the boat handled.
              Haven' t seen you on the site lately. Hope all is well and we see you guys again this summer. I will post some pictures of our new boat once we get the sounds done. M

Comment

The fin is lagged in and not thru bolted

Comment

So on the newer boats the fins are lag bolted? Or is it on the older boats? I have a 2005 22v and thought they were through bolted???

Comment

All v-drives fins are lagged not thru bolted. Only the i-series are thru bolted.

Comment

Hey TigeDuner,
                      I haven't been on for a while. Been pretty hectic . Congrats on the new boat! Your 'old' one was such a sweetheart I wouldn't have guessed you were looking. We'll look forward to seeing you out there. We'll probably start riding again in February.
                      Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

Comment

February is still a little cold for us. We will see you in April. Keep in touch.
                        Last edited by TigeDuner; 01-18-2007, 08:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                        X