Anyone have a heater in the boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a heater in the boat?

My wife is always freezing cold, and I'd like to go out a cruise around during the cold clear days of Fall/Winter/Spring- So I thought adding a heater would help alot; anybody have pics of the heater or install?
    Thanks!!

Originally posted by steves1967 View Post
    My wife is always freezing cold, and I'd like to go out a cruise around during the cold clear days of Fall/Winter/Spring- So I thought adding a heater would help alot; anybody have pics of the heater or install?
    Thanks!!
    I have a heater. My wife didn't want it when I told her, but I know she is always cold. One trip with the heater and she was sold. I love it. I just don't have any pics of it (at least I don't think so).
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Coach View Post
      I have a heater. My wife didn't want it when I told her, but I know she is always cold. One trip with the heater and she was sold. I love it. I just don't have any pics of it (at least I don't think so).
      We have the heaters and they are great for the springtime and fall when the water is like 50, and the kids get under there towels and bring the heat duct under the towels with them and they love it. I didn't think I'd like it but we love them!!!

Comment

We put a heater in every boat we sell.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
          We put a heater in every boat we sell.
          Lee, do install the "Tige" heater or use another aftermarket kit.
          Can you give us a rough price on parts? Thanks
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

On the new boats we have the factory install the heater, on other brand boats we also use Heatercraft heaters either the two vent or three vent. The price is about $700 installed when we have to do it as an add on.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
              On the new boats we have the factory install the heater, on other brand boats we also use Heatercraft heaters either the two vent or three vent. The price is about $700 installed when we have to do it as an add on.
              Thanks Lee
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by steves1967 View Post
                Thanks!!
                In this picture you can see a vent on the dash, one in the walkway and the switch just above the throttle. The one vent you do not see is between the throttle and the ballast switches.

Comment

We have a heater on our boat..heatercraft 3 vent.
                  One vent is in the walkway, another right below the seat next to the observers seat, an the third (and my personal favorite) is in the driver's kick panel.
                  "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Check this link out...... you can build your own if your mechanically inclined.

Has anybody built their own heater

Posted By: daverobbins
                    Date: Tuesday, 31 October 2006, at 6:28 a.m.

Has anybody built their own heater for a ski boat ?

I built my own shower, no big deal.

I have a cosmetic reject cooler ( a few bent fins ) like a transmission cooler that I am thinking of using.

http://eclipse.nicholls.edu/cgi-bin/...?frames;page=6
                    Last edited by bfrank; 01-12-2007, 09:44 PM.

Comment

I think you could build a heater set-up for cheap

what u need:
                      Automotive heater core $32.00
                      bilge blower $25.00
                      switch $5.00
                      bulk heater hose 50' $40.00
                      clamps & fittings $10.00
                      duct hose $35.00 for 50' w/vents $14.00 ea
                      build a box for core and ducts
                      misc wire/terminals $5.00

easy
                      Last edited by chpthril; 01-12-2007, 10:41 PM.

Comment

i think I may just have to build my own as well!
                        Originally posted by G-MONEY
                        It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

I love the heater! No one complains about having the heater.
                          Be excellent to one another.

Comment

If you're getting a heater installed, make sure you pair it with a windscreen for the walkthru. It makes all the difference in the world.

Comment

Good point Lucky, here is the link for the windscreen I had made for me this Fall.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ght=windscreen

Here is a heater kit from JC Whitney $190.00 Box, core, blower, swith, wiring, hardware

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...oup?Ntt=heater
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X