2007 22ve tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 22ve tower

Recently purchased a 2007 22ve (226 hrs) will be picking it up next weekend, I believe it has a e series tower I could be mistaken. Was wondering the process of collapsing the tower to fit into my 8ft tall garage door will post pic but not exactly sure how to. Thanks for any and all help looking forward to learning from you all.
    Not my first boat but is my first v drive and tige! 20200415_145801.jpg

This is probably a 2 person effort with those speakers on the tower!

All the bolts you need to loosen/remove to lower the tower should be ratchet handles. Remove 1 bolt each side through the tube in front of the windshield. Loosen lower bolts on each side at the billet uprights and remove the upper bolt. At this point, you will have to be supporting the tower. Rotate each billet side support toward the stern and rest on the gunnels. Lower tower.

I didn't like the way the tower tubes rested on each other, so I made a support out of 3" PVC pipe to rest the top of the tower on.
    Last edited by ern; 04-16-2020, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ern View Post
      This is probably a 2 person effort with those speakers on the tower!

All the bolts you need to loosen/remove to lower the tower should be ratchet handles. Remove 1 bolt each side through the tube in front of the windshield. Loosen lower bolts on each side and remove the upper bolt. At this point, you will have to be supporting the tower. Rotate each side support toward the stern and rest on the gunnels. Lower tower.

I didn't like the way the tower tubes rested on each other, so I made a support out of 3" PVC pipe to rest the top of the tower on.
      Thanks for the info im sure this will make more sense when it's in my drive way, any chance you can post pic of the supports you built, and the tower in the stored position

Comment

and rest on the gunnels.
        And have a couple folded towels read to rest the billet uprights on, rather then on the gunnel itself.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yeah, I forgot I had put pads on the gunnels. The tower support was simply a length of PVC long enough to keep the tower tubes from resting on each other. I can't post a pic, as I no longer put the tower down. I think I still have that PVC, so tomorrow I'll look it up and get length & a pic of it.

I edited the lowering procedure above to make it easier to follow.
          Last edited by ern; 04-16-2020, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Great thanks

Comment

Ok, nothing special about the PVC, it is just 46 inches of 3 inch schedule 40. I placed it vertically from the tow point to the floor when in use. This was in a 2008 22ve with the same tower.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                X