Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my swim platform... thoughts?

Tige 21v 2000

Lost my swim platform. I've torn up the lake looking for it. No luck. I've found a few used platforms for other manufacturers... seems like i may have to modify.

Anyone know of any other methods to getting a replacement? i've not had any luck finding wrecked/trashed boats.

Here's the brackets i found... any idea if they're the right ones?

https://waterskis.com/swim-platform-brackets/

2020 hasn't been my year.

looks like those are teak. go to a good hardware store once you have brackets installed and buy some teak boards. they are not cheap but better priced than trying to modify/build a 'glas swimdeck. build a platform to the size and shape you like. tons of images out there of the 21v to get close and it won't matter if it's a tad off.
    if you mainly surf you can modify it on the sides to better allow water to flow around it as well. one of the benefits of getting to build it to what you want
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by sandm View Post
      looks like those are teak. go to a good hardware store once you have brackets installed and buy some teak boards. they are not cheap but better priced than trying to modify/build a 'glas swimdeck. build a platform to the size and shape you like. tons of images out there of the 21v to get close and it won't matter if it's a tad off.
      if you mainly surf you can modify it on the sides to better allow water to flow around it as well. one of the benefits of getting to build it to what you want
      You make it sound so easy! lol.

I do believe i can build something that will hold people... but will it be aesthetically pleasing is another question haha. I'm not 100% opposed. But if theres a better option i'd love to take it.

Comment

Teakisle made the original platform. Not sure if they still have the CNC files and info to build you a new one. I'm with Sandm, I would build my own. Enough owners on here to get you some good photos of how it was all put together.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Ya, you’re best bet is to make one. It’s been done many times, many ways. You’re local hardware store probably won’t carry teak. Mine don’t. I have a local hardwood supplier though. They have lots of neat stuff. sandm is right though. Great opportunity to make exactly what you want. Those appear to be the correct brackets.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I would have no issues making a platform but know when to call a buddy with a 12pk of his beverage of choice to get work done. if you are in the same boat find a buddy that knows how to do some basic woodworking. a teak deck really isn't that hard and should be able to build one in a few hours and then a couple of days to stain it multiple times. if you have your location in your profile you might find a few on here willing to assist. I have met many great people over the last 12 years of boat ownership on various forums. great people out there.

nothing more rewarding than taking the family and friends out on your ride with a new platform you helped design/build. that is the best satisfaction......
            2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

old swim platform.png
              I drew this almost 20 years ago. I do not know which platform it is. If someone has one I can add some dims to it and see if it matches. If so, it will be a good reference for building a new one and we can post it here.
              Oh Yeah!

Comment

As noted above in Teak or Teak like material. Other options include 1" HDPE but that can be hard to find. Others have made them out of plywood in the past. You can then go to Linex and have them spray it without the texture. Then add your EVA decking of choice on top.

I bought this stuff to coat my sub boxes in. Also plan on using it in the old cooler location and my bow locker once I rip the carpet out. https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m...9705p.html#srp

Comment

try this company. they sell teak to make one. kinda spensive but if you're not handy with wood tools this is basically cut and ready to put together and you can make it in many different sizes:
                  https://www.island-teak.com/teak-swim-platform.php
                  2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                  2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

I made one as a mock up out of pine 2x4's just to see if it improved the wave. IMG_1833.jpg
                    It didn't look horrible, but it also didn't improve the wave. Glad I didn't waste a ton of time and money first!

Comment

Alright guys... i hate you, but i love you. I'm going to build one. Heres where we stand... i need the brackets. I'd LOVE to not have to drill holes through the boat again (installed underwater lights)... that hurt my soul last time.

Any idea where to find the factory brackets? or brackets that will work?

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                        Those appear to be the correct brackets.
                        might ask nickypoo to see if he can send you a snap of what his look like and go from there. sounds like you have sourced the right ones but I'd check with a few TO's that have similar boat first.

the rest is easy
                        2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                        2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Here’s mine.
                          Attached Files
                          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

There is a shop in Lebanon TN that will make you one for $550
                            Teak World

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
                              Teakisle made the original platform. Not sure if they still have the CNC files and info to build you a new one. I'm with Sandm, I would build my own. Enough owners on here to get you some good photos of how it was all put together.
                              What years did Ski View make the platforms. They made them out of Iroka wood.

Comment

Working...
                              X