Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 21v overheating

Good afternoon,

a few weeks back i ran through some shallow grass to pick up a friend... throughout the day i noticed it pushing slightly over 175. Took it out the next weekend and it was slightly worst. This last weekend i pulled the waterpump and noticed a slit throughout the impeller. Replaced it. After taking the boat out again it would get slightly warmer throughout the day while at higher RPM, cruising. No issue at idle. I'm thinking i have sucked something up and it hasn't blown out.

What's the most efficient method to flushing the system? I assume if there is something in there i'll need a new impeller as well?

Also installed a low pressure fuel pump when i was swapping out the impellar... no vapor locking for the first time since buying the boat .

Thank you,
    Sam

Here is a thread with instructions on how to backflush. Hope it helps your situation.
    Glad you got the vapor lock issue taken care of.
    http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ight=backflush
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Check the front of your transmission cooler by removing the drive side of the hose. There’s a little grate in it and it’ll hold crap in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuelp63 View Post
        Good afternoon,

a few weeks back i ran through some shallow grass to pick up a friend... throughout the day i noticed it pushing slightly over 175. Took it out the next weekend and it was slightly worst. This last weekend i pulled the waterpump and noticed a slit throughout the impeller. Replaced it. After taking the boat out again it would get slightly warmer throughout the day while at higher RPM, cruising. No issue at idle. I'm thinking i have sucked something up and it hasn't blown out.

What's the most efficient method to flushing the system? I assume if there is something in there i'll need a new impeller as well?

Also installed a low pressure fuel pump when i was swapping out the impellar... no vapor locking for the first time since buying the boat .

Thank you,
        Sam
        Maybe combating some vapor lock issues myself. Where did you install the low pressure fuel pump? Any advice is awesome. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X