width of 22ve walkway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

width of 22ve walkway?

I have a 22ve but its currently 3hours away and i cant measure the width of the walkway. Can anyone help me out, i wanna see how big of sac i can throw in there...thanks.

Width of 22Ve' Walkway

Measured mine; 10.75" up front to ~ 17.25" toward the cabin. Hope this helps..

Comment

thanks so much it does

Comment

keep in mind that the sacks are flexible. My guess you could get at least a 550 up there. You may also consider a flying high bow sack (that wraps around inside the front storage compartments.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

width of 22Ve' walkway

Good point "dog". I know for me, that specific storage space is totally underutilized. If I were in the market for adding weigh up front, that's where I'd start.

Comment

One problem with adding the wrap around bow bag, it can't get even close to filling completely because there is not enough room. I think it will probably hold about 400lbs in the 22ve I ride behind. We have 2 sacs in the bow in our 24ve, and they can't even fill to capacity.

In my opinion this is one of the biggest issues with Tige boats. They need a lot of weight up front, but there is not enough room for a lot of weight. We fill the sacs and also put almost everyone in the bow when we ride. So if anyone at Tige is listening, put an integrated bow ballast in your boats, maybe under the floor that can hold about 800lbs.

Comment

Trust me, they are not listening. You need Pop's bags.

Pop's Products Lead Bags

or you can go to your local tire shops and ask for the old lead weights (FREEEEE) and make your own using gym bags.

Comment

I think Tige is listening. If you put an in-floor ballast, you have to remove weight and flotation. this would result in a boat that rides rough when the bag is empty (like the comp.) and would carry less people/weight, right. It seems, from what i've read on this site and others, that Tiges have as good a wake w/out weight, as some boats w/factory ballast.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

cut a hole in your floor, dig out the foam and install some bags

Its the only way to get a decent wake without having a ton of crap (bags) in the floor. The boat rides the same as it always did without the bags full...

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                  I think Tige is listening. If you put an in-floor ballast, you have to remove weight and flotation. this would result in a boat that rides rough when the bag is empty (like the comp.) and would carry less people/weight, right. It seems, from what i've read on this site and others, that Tiges have as good a wake w/out weight, as some boats w/factory ballast.

Comment

Originally posted by dougofkc View Post
                    Its the only way to get a decent wake without having a ton of crap (bags) in the floor. The boat rides the same as it always did without the bags full...
                    I would think that if you cut into any part of the floor that was not the bilge, it would compromise the integrity of the boat and void the warrenty.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Andrew
                      Moderator Join Date: Dec 2003

Cutting a hole in the walk through floor will void the warranty, see Limited Warranty Agreement. By cutting a hole in the floor you have altered the construction process by removing/changing the structural features that we had designed into the boats. Our construction methods insures the strongest boats in the market today. With the introduction of the 2004 models, being all composite, portions of the stringer system is now located under the walk through and if a person was to cut a hole in that area they will be altering the structural integerity of the stringer system and this will not be covered under any warranty.
                      From another Thread http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...hlight=ballast
                      Last edited by chpthril; 01-09-2007, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Mines a 03 and there are no stringers there

I pulled the gas tank out first and cleared the area. Centered that 6" hole in the middle of the sheet of plywood (Interesting as dealer told me Tige had no plywood in their boats after 2002) and cut the hole. I sealed the ply with resin and installed a 6" Port access lid. 45 hours later and through some big waves, I've not sunk yet. If for some reason the hull splits and falls in two, I'll call the insurance co. not Tige. Based on my experience with Tige's warrenty dept, they would likely tell me the hull was made by someone else so I should contact them anyway. It's a great space for a bag. You guys should built a port access there anyway and stop with the crap that TAPS elliminates the need for ballast.

Originally posted by chpthril View Post

Comment

Originally posted by dougofkc View Post
                          stop with the crap that TAPS elliminates the need for ballast.
                          I dont know how the boats were marketed in 03, but from what I was told by Rep at show, read in brochure and on this site, is that the the size of the wake is a result of hull and it would be just as big w/out a plate even on the boat. The TAPS plate is used to shape the wake and create stern lift for a ski wake. I found this to be the case on my test drive.

Comment

Working...
                          X