Need Part # of Steering Cable for 2004 22v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Part # of Steering Cable for 2004 22v

Does anyone know the part number for the steering cable in a 2004 22v? I assume it is a Teleflex Cable.

Just got a call back from Tige Parts and super helpful. I need a Teleflex 17ft cable part number SSC13417. If 17 isn't available an 18ft will work, and I plan to run it on top of the gas tank instead of under it.

Comment

Originally posted by rkjones247 View Post
      Just got a call back from Tige Parts and super helpful. I need a Teleflex 17ft cable part number SSC13417. If 17 isn't available an 18ft will work, and I plan to run it on top of the gas tank instead of under it.
      I did this last year... followed the step by step in the forum here.. all in all it was not difficult, the instructions are spot on. Good luck, it made a HUGE difference in the steering of my boat.

Comment

Any thoughts on cleaning/lubricating the support tube before installing the new steering cable?

Comment

I'm adding this thread so someone else might search and find this thread. The Teleflex SSC13417 is the same part number for my 2004 Switch I (SwitchI) steering cable. It is likely the same part for the Switch V (SwitchV) and 20i and 20v.

Comment

Working...
          X