Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surfing A 2300V

Hello,

I just purchased a 2001 2300V Limited. I'm hoping to use it as a surf boat. It came with an integrated ballast system 1000lbs on surf side and 500 on the other side. I usually have 4 friends in the boat and I'm looking to put out a great surf wake. Can somebody please advise me where I should put the weight, taps, speed, and if I should purchase a wake shaper?

Thank you!
    Alex

Surfing a 2300V is always a great experience. Can someone suggest me best SMO services in Australia?

Comment

The 2300v surfs great for an older boat! I love mine. The ballast you have is a great start but you may want to change a few things depending on your needs. You did not mention the prop installed but most likely you will want to upgrade if you add more weight. I'm currently running an Acme 1617. My regular setup: 1469 lbs port side (custom from MLA), starboard 1000 lbs, 650 lbs bow bag, 250lbs of lead moved about to dial it in. On rare occasions will use a 400 lb bag in the walkway. We run a diy gate (see my waveologist thread), tried a suck gate but got better push with the diy. The bow bag does not fill completely but the others we get as close as we can. Also have a Mahoney mud flap to clean up the wave. Usually have a crew of 5-8 people. Speed 10.5-11.0 and taps 3-6 depending on the rider, crew, day, wind, etc. You can also get a great wave fully listed, just play with it! Several people have had solid success with this boat. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
      X