V drive transmission wind tige Z1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V drive transmission wind tige Z1

I bought this 2014 tige z1 and noticed transmission makes a loud winding noise. Is this common on these type boats ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forward or reverse? Normal for the v-drive gears to whine in revers.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Forward or reverse? Normal for the v-drive gears to whine in revers.
      It does the same in forward as well.

Comment

Start by checking the fluids. Is it only when in drive, not there when the engine alone is reved up?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I changed the fluid to a thicker weight. Went from a 15 weight to a 40 weight fluid. It only makes this noise in gear . Definitely the transmission

Comment

Originally posted by thespieringfamily View Post
            I changed the fluid to a thicker weight. Went from a 15 weight to a 40 weight fluid. It only makes this noise in gear . Definitely the transmission

Assume you have looked at all the running gear under boat to be sure it all looks good and no damage to anything.

Just another thing to check....not supposed to put the boat in gear when not in water cause the thru-hull shaft bearings are lubed by lake water. I know a person who did put boat in gear a few times when in driveway running on a hose (they had I/O before that and didn't know not to do that) and cause bearings were not being lubed/cooled by the water, they started getting a whining noise after that at certain rpms in lake and we verified the noise is coming from the shaft bearing (I ride with this guy frequently and in gear between 1200-1400 rpm it makes the whining noise, almost like prop sing but it did not do that before he ran it out of the water)....is yours making this noise at all rpm's or just certain points? Just thinking that may be worth checking since from inside the boat it would be hard to know if its trans or the shaft bearing below it. Also perhaps using a stethoscope could help you pinpoint the source while someone else is driving.

I would also be careful using any fluid or oil weight that is not speced for that trans and/or v-drive so other damage is not done. A thicker weight may not flow well enough, especially if you run it when the weather is colder.

Have you checked the fluid for both the v-drive and transmission? If inside boat looking back at the engine, the v-drive is first and the trans is behind that, some people mistake the v-drive for the transmission. Each should have a tag or plate on them telling you the model and ratio. Owners manual will tell you what fluid each takes and how much. I check my trans fluid frequently (each time I check engine oil which is at least every other outing) even tho I have never had any issues with it, with mine you are supposed to check it cold and when boat is "at rest" and you don't screw the dipstick in when checking the level. Some are different. I also change my trans fluid each year

Comment

Working...
            X