2000 21V Rider Edition - want to fill in Spray Pockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 21V Rider Edition - want to fill in Spray Pockets

Looking for any suggestions as to where to go to try and get the spray pockets filled on my 2000 21V. I have called a few places in the Bay Area and either they do not fill comfortable about such work or prices are in range of 10K. I would do it my self but so hard to find time. I was hoping someone might have a suggestion as to how to find someone that could complete this project. Thanks in advance for any input given.

Xw02NDlQTk20FXI+6rYdDA.jpg

I actually spent a ton of time researching this many years ago, also going on lots of 21v boats over the years. I think the spray pockets don't affect the wave that much and I wouldn't worry about them. I actually think its a perfect spot to put a surf system. My boat (24v) has chines, that push back on the weight, I looked into removing them. If I was you, I would mimic the newer hull design, or just not worry about it.

Unless you wakeboard?
    Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Thanks for the reply. We mainly surf but do some wakeboarding. My concern is without the spay pocket filled, I would not be able to mount the surf system wide enough to provide enough of a change. I am currently using adjustable preset surf gates mounted on the swim platform, but want to design and install a system. I could move forward with an automated surf gate style but was looking at the alternate tap style system where the filled spray pockets would be helpful.

rl9yoIjgTLWHB5uc7d1InA.jpg

These have worked well with the installed ballast system, but do not provide easy driving while in place. Original plan was just to automate this type of system.

Comment

These are just a few posts that still make me want to go forward with filling them. I think I will have to do it myself since I can't seem to find a place willing to do it. It is probably going to be delayed till next off season. Getting too close to active season. Will work on other projects for now. Thanks for your input. I just installed your design of the flap to help with the FAE water disturbance. Look forward to seeing how it works. Planning on using your idea of adjusting the swim platform size and shape to prevent affect on surf wave as well.

http://d3564468.u89.jodoshared.com/f...TID=57&PID=845
        http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...00-Max-ballast
        http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...-spray-pockets

Comment

Originally posted by oldwakedoc View Post
          Looking for any suggestions as to where to go to try and get the spray pockets filled on my 2000 21V. I have called a few places in the Bay Area and either they do not fill comfortable about such work or prices are in range of 10K. I would do it my self but so hard to find time. I was hoping someone might have a suggestion as to how to find someone that could complete this project. Thanks in advance for any input given.

[ATTACH]50711[/ATTACH]
          That is a clean looking 2000 model.. looks bigger than normal too.... new paint?

Comment

Had it wrapped. It has been a great boat.

This season automating surf gates and looking at installing ballast level system. I hope to fill the spray pockets next off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just my 2 cense. I have the same year and model boat as you. and also wanted to fill the spray pockets when I got it. Kinda for the same reason. Fast forward almost 2years there is no way I would do it now. I have a nasty wave for the boats length. wasn't easy to achieve. Lots of try this try that. I have 2 buddies on here with 2003-2004. there boats do not have spray pockets other than that that hulls are not exactly the same but they are real close they are wider in the middle (exact same in the rear) and have a good bit more of free board. The reasons why I wanted to fill the spray pockets. (In order of importance to me)
              #1 when sitting in a cove with 3 or 4 people on the back the boat will sag (platform sometimes 6 inch under water) FIX I keep my bow sack full when sitting. FIX2 250lbs lead
              #2 with sacks full and surfing rider down water would come in the engine vent. FIX I don't come to a sudden stop. I back down slowly. FIX2 leaf blower mod. FIX3 wiper mod FIX4 upper platform
              #3 Auto gates. FIX get good enough to go pro then my sponsor will give me a new boat with auto on it (although I am 50 I don't think that last fix will work for me)
              so with all that said if you go back to #1 the boat is rear weight sensitive ( compared to both of my buddies) that is not a bad thing it takes less weight to get the boat to sink down.so if you put the same weight in they have. You are way lower in the water nocking a bigger hole in the water. Just my 2 cense
              Last edited by gumby; 06-01-2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Gumby, thanks for the input. I am enjoying some great surfing as is, always wishing for a little more. There is differently a point of diminished results as the weight exceeds a certain point.
                I have enough projects currently to put the spray pocket project on hold. It is amazing how much water sprays out of them while the boat is moving, I was watching it this last weekend.

Comment

Working...
                X