21v riders edition weight and prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I purchased my second 21v riders edition. I previous owned a 21V limited. I had two 1100 lb in rear and 750 up front, probably filled the tears 3/4 and front as much as it would hold. It def sit in the water usually with another 3-4 people in the boat it never had issues getting in plane when surfing.

I took the riders edition out today, I had 10 people in the boat couple big guys. I don’t think we had but maybe 2k lbs in boat no ballast yet. I felt like this boat was sitting lower in the water than my previous boat. I know it had a lot of people in her but seemed like last boat held weight a lot better?

Another thing it took a lot to get on plane. I did move some people up front and it help but the previous owner put an OJ 13x11.5 prop on it... I’m not sure if that’s the right prop for this boat but I hope it’s not because I bought this boat mainly to surf, occasional wakeboard but if it can’t handle the weight then I’m afraid it maybe an engine issue? I was looking at acme 911 prop for this boat. I think I put a 1235 on my limited boat and it had a lot of pulling power. I want the most holeshot for this boat don’t care for top speed. I believe I have the 1:1 ratio, how much different is it between the limited?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jamesbond; 04-07-2019, 10:27 PM.

the previous owner put an OJ 13x11.5 prop on it... I’m not sure if that’s the right prop for this boat
    Probably was for what the boat's original intent was, but not for heavy boarding and surfing.

You would not want to compare a 911 to a 1235. One if ideal for the 1:1 and one is best mated to a 1.46:1 gear drive, but not on those older V-drives. IMO, a 14.5 gets too close to the hull, so owner needs to make the final decision on that one.

So, you absolutely need to determine the v-drive gear ratio, before choosing a prop.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I believe it’s black Walter vdrive 1:1

Comment

Ok, so you want to stick with an ACME 3-blade.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          Ok, so you want to stick with an ACME 3-blade.
          So now it has a oj 13x11.5 prop, wakemakers prop finder says that acme 515 (I believe that’s he one) is 13x11.5 prop and it suitable for wakeboarding and surfing. I feel like this boat should have more when coming out the hole, even with two people it kind of feels like it’s slipping. Am I over thinking it could be an engine issue?

Comment

A couple of times I have inadvertently broken the plug on an injector while changing the impeller...check all of them as they get brittle in my experience. If one is broken, it will idle fairly smooth but have greatly reduced power out of the hole. Also, when was the last tune up? New wires, plugs, cap and rotor can make a difference. I will try and see what prop I have on mine and post back.

Comment

Originally posted by laserfish View Post
              A couple of times I have inadvertently broken the plug on an injector while changing the impeller...check all of them as they get brittle in my experience. If one is broken, it will idle fairly smooth but have greatly reduced power out of the hole. Also, when was the last tune up? New wires, plugs, cap and rotor can make a difference. I will try and see what prop I have on mine and post back.
              That’s the thing, this boat had new block, new plugs, 2 new injectors 2/18

Comment

Just won an 911 prop on eBay so hopefully that get it where I want here. I’ll check the injector plugs too

Comment

Also another thing that seems to be an issue. It starts right up cold but when it warms up I have to give it throttle in neutral to get it to fire up

Comment

Originally posted by laserfish View Post
                    Was looking at the clips and all of the have the metal retainers in but one and it is incredibly loose, I can pull it out pretty easily. I wonder if that could be an issue.

Last edited by jamesbond; 04-09-2019, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X