Throttle Control Knob broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle Control Knob broke

This is a 2005 24V boat. I've attached pictures but the knob broke off the throttle control and is hanging on by wires. It is still functional but cannot be saved via glue. Does anyone know the best way to fix this?? Any parts available with the TAPS switch built into the knob.

Thanks for your help!
    Attached Files

I have only seen this issue once and was able to save it with Q bond. Stuff is petty amazing.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...IaAiK8EALw_wcB

If you contacted Tige they may have the original vendor info, though I doubt its still available. Theres probably a few other options that would work. The challenge is probably going to be that your 05 was some of the first years of DBW(throttle body is contolled digitally), and Im fairly sure has a manual shift.

Would be worth verifying those two things first so you know what you are shopping for. Livorsi makes a digital throttle and Im fairly sure a manual shift version that has the switch in it. Tige used it in later years and it may be adaptable. Only other thing I can think of is go over to

Marineenginedepot.com

And go to the contact us page. This is the parts site for Marine Power so contacting them will yield the people who know your engine. They may have some ideas as to a throttle that will work as they are still selling engines to jet boat builders and all their engine are DBW with manual shift(unless builder goes with a hydraulic shift bucket). Worst case scenario you just move the switch to the dash or to the side panel next to the throttle if that ends up being the hangup.

Good luck and if you get stick reach out!!
    Last edited by freeheel4life; 04-06-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

CH2200 ski is the replacement shifter. The taps switch will need to be moved to the dash. The handle assembly you have was custom made and its no longer available. This is a mechanical shift and mechanical throttle year model boat.
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

my old skiers choice boat had an add on attached to the steering assembly that was like an addon turn signal for the wakeplate. could be a solution if you have to move it to the dash off the throttle. was easy to use and convenient.
        link but sure you can find it cheaper: https://rideaustralia.com.au/Supra_B...ntation/110009
        2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
        2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
        X